CoD2 Dual core prob.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl

For Whom The Bell Trolls
X2 3800+.
I have the CoD2 dual core patch(yes I know it say's intel, but it also says works for AMD) And I have to change the affinity and uncheck one of the cores or else it is glitchy. I don't have any of the microsoft or AMD DC drivers/patches. Do you guys think it's related to the cod2 "intel" patch even though it says AMD dual core users should get it to? Or should I install teh AMD/M$ ones?

Try installing the AMD ones, I have heard that COD2 screws up on Dual cpu's reguardless

What do you mean by glitchy?

I have an opteron 165 and am not using any dual core patch, game runs fine.

Glitchy as in it seems like I have a low frame rate, but there was no frame droppage at all.

I've been hesitating to install teh AMD ones, since it causes probs. in other games =\

I don't know if this is related to dual core CPU's, but I have encountered quite a few glitches in COD2 (the copy I got from buying a BFG 7800GTX 256MB OC). I am running an AMD X2 4400+, but I don't have the COD2 dual core patch installed (because it seemed to only apply to Intel CPU's). I don't have any of the stuttering or frame rate problems, but the game itself seems very buggy, and I haven't really seen anyone else talk about it. For instance, NPC's will sometimes become stiff and won't move until you shoot them, or missions become broken (won't advance to next mission after all objectives are complete, etc.). Also, there is an inconsistency in how often the game saves activate. Sometimes in a mission, I could go well over an hour without the game saving automatically...but if I were to restart that level, the game saves sometimes activate when they should, while other times they don't. Weird.

It stutters basically, ive seen the samething and nothing seems to fix it for me. Quake4's dual patch however works perfect for me.

I had the exact same friggen problem. For a while I changed the affinity. I then stumbled accross NGO Nvidia Optimized Drivers (do a google search) they are moddified nVidia drivers. I was so annoyed with the jitteryness and I was tired of having to dump out to change affinity so I tried them. They worked awesome!!! I was able to run 1600x1200 in most of my games now. Very impressed. Give em a shot,hope the best for you here's the link.

Same, guess whenever I get home I'll try reinstalling it and wont use the patch, or is there a way to justu ninstall the patch?

I didn't install the COD2 patch, but I haven't had any problems running the game on dual core with the MS Hotfix.

I dont have a problem with the game without the patch, the patch CREATES the problem for me, its weird.

running COD2 with XP 3800; No patch and running fine. Just using the AMD dual core driver and MS hotfix.

electech98 said:
I don't know if this is related to dual core CPU's, but I have encountered quite a few glitches in COD2 (the copy I got from buying a BFG 7800GTX 256MB OC). I am running an AMD X2 4400+, but I don't have the COD2 dual core patch installed (because it seemed to only apply to Intel CPU's). I don't have any of the stuttering or frame rate problems, but the game itself seems very buggy, and I haven't really seen anyone else talk about it. For instance, NPC's will sometimes become stiff and won't move until you shoot them, or missions become broken (won't advance to next mission after all objectives are complete, etc.). Also, there is an inconsistency in how often the game saves activate. Sometimes in a mission, I could go well over an hour without the game saving automatically...but if I were to restart that level, the game saves sometimes activate when they should, while other times they don't. Weird.

OK, just to follow up on this post: I installed the COD2 dual-core patch, and it fixed all my problems with the game not saving properly, not completing missions properly, and characters freezing. Here is an article from http://www.amdzone.com that talks about the dual-core patch for COD2 being applicable to both Intel and AMD dual-core procs.

But of course, that doesn't answer the question of why other people have problems after installing the patch.
:confused:

Try switching COD2 to SLI mode. It got rid of the glitches for me even though I don't have SLI!!!

Back