COD: Modern Warfare 2 PC version $29.99?!

shaggy77

Gawd
Hey,

Found this on the Infinity Ward PC forums. Best Buy is advertising the PC version for $29.99. Misprint or not, it is getting honored price match wise @ Walmart. YMMV though. I took the family to Walmart for some shopping to cover my true intentions lol I bought a copy and it was honored by a manager. (Hint go to the Customer Service counter not electronics cashier) I don't know if Best Buy will honor it though however it should. So posting this up for anyone interested buying this game. I figured $30 is good enough for this game.

Good Luck!

No problem here pricematching. I had the ad from the Sunday paper. The check out girl had to call a manager to authorize it in the register due to the amount but they were so swamped he didn't even look at it so no idea if people might have issues.

Last edited:
Misprint..... If you go to the BB website and look on page 18 it does not mention the PC version. Turn to page 19 and you will see MW2 for the regular price of $59. This is total crap. Why would they even print the damn thing in the ad at normal price.

Now I'm going to the store to check the paper and if it does then I just might make them honor the deal.

Just check the BB ad online and this is from page 18, They have removed the price of $29 bucks from the ad popup. Bastards!

I believe what happened was they accidentally listed the PC version as $29.99 when they meant to list the DS version. On the next page the PC version is listed at it's normal price of $59.99. If you can talk a manager into giving it to you for $30 though, more power to you.

comes up as 29.99 for me in the ad on page 18, under the x360 version.

if you add it to cart from there it is 29.99. if you click full details, then its 59.99

Go to Walmart or Target with the ad and they'll price match.

Absolutly NOT. Why should they be punished? Best Buy is the one that made the mistake. make Best Buy honor their own ad regradless. Plus you will get the rewardzone points.

Not sure if it's a misprint now but....several weeks ago it was in fact $29.99 here at my local BB and advertised (PC Version). Although I passed and have no intention of buying it.

Absolutly NOT. Why should they be punished? Best Buy is the one that made the mistake. make Best Buy honor their own ad regradless. Plus you will get the rewardzone points.

If you care that much...

It is in print for those wondering. Check out your Sunday paper from today for Best Buy's ad.

If it's a misprint then Best Buy won't honor it. They'll use the ol' "not responsible for typos" excuse. But Wal Mart or Target won't know it's a pricing mistake.

I don't even think you'd have to talk to a manager at either of those stores. They price match and usually all you have to do is show the cashier the ad with the lower price.

If it's a misprint then Best Buy won't honor it. They'll use the ol' "not responsible for typos" excuse.

Well.... you might get lucky at BB... I did today. I took the ad in and presented it at the cashier. She flagged down a manager and got it OK'd. I'd say, give it a try.

I was happy as hell! :p

Has anyone tried this yet? Or better yet... Gotten it to work? I want this game and $30 is a great price

Hah, I just played it on 360 tonight with a friend and I thought it was a pretty fun game. Definitely not worth $60 IMO (which I think VERY few games are, last one I got was Uncharted 2 which was definitely worth $60). But if someone finds a legit deal for this game for 360/PC for < $40, I'll definitely bite. I originally preferred PC, but all my broke-ass friends have it on 360, so guess I'd want that more. The deal the OP posted doesn't show up for me.

Edit: Just found a copy near me on CL, e-mailed him and hope it's still available :D.

Last edited:
I may go to best best buy tomorrow and try to get it since I have a $10 Gift Card that was given to me a few weeks ago from the manager since I waited in line for a long time.

jus got back got the gae. came out to 59.99 showed them the ad page 18 only lol and manager came and gave it to me for 29.99.

I ended up getting this from BB, had the cashier get a manager override ~ it's only a matter of time till they catch on ;)

Funny story (actually terrible story) ~ I thought BB was closed b/c they are usually closed by 6 on Sun; I went to target to PM. Guy said I had to have a physical ad so I went to the Gas Station to buy one; turns out there was no freakin BB ad in the paper, went back and looked through maybe 4 papers with no BB ads. Embarrassing as all hell in a gas station weeding through newspapers like a hobo. WTF. Almost gave up, on a whim I called BB to find out they were open late!

I'm at a point in my life where an experience like that was not really worth the $30 savings, argh.

I bought the game from Target, they price matched and I installed and played. This game is not even worth the $32.91 I paid so I returned it. I was surprised that they actually took it back and refunded me my money.

haha!
but experience gives you funny stories!

My buddy got this game for free with his video card a while ago and gave it to me since he already owned it. Definitely a great game. If I knew more people that played it and I needed a copy I would be all over this.

I bought the game from Target, they price matched and I installed and played. This game is not even worth the $32.91 I paid so I returned it. I was surprised that they actually took it back and refunded me my money.

Wow, some guy is going to be very unhappy when he takes his game home and finds out the key has already been registered.

Wow, some guy is going to be very unhappy when he takes his game home and finds out the key has already been registered.

Nah, i've had friends who worked at Target, retail and warehouse and i've personally worked for a 3rd party vendor which had me at Circuit City and at Best Buy. What they do for open products is they'll usually throw them in a pile that goes back to where they came from to get replaced, yeah the company will lose money, but hey it was the supervisor's call to refund the money.

wow juss played about 2 hours of it and compared to cod 4 this is crap. really slow compared to cod 4 with the 18 players max tons of hackers. i heard this game wasnt very good for the pc and refused to get it but hearing that it was 30 at best buy i thought hey thats a good price now i realize even for 30 its not worth it. no way i can sell it cause it goes one my steam account right???

wow juss played about 2 hours of it and compared to cod 4 this is crap. really slow compared to cod 4 with the 18 players max tons of hackers. i heard this game wasnt very good for the pc and refused to get it but hearing that it was 30 at best buy i thought hey thats a good price now i realize even for 30 its not worth it. no way i can sell it cause it goes one my steam account right???

correct, no way to sell it...return is your only option to get your money back.

On another note, there should be nothing wrong with returning a crappy game! So what they lose money, they are supposed to if their game sucks. Yes the retailer send them back to where they came from so the right ppl are losing money.

[H]'er;1035048949 said:
correct, no way to sell it...return is your only option to get your money back.

On another note, there should be nothing wrong with returning a crappy game! So what they lose money, they are supposed to if their game sucks. Yes the retailer send them back to where they came from so the right ppl are losing money.

i wont be able to return it since its been opened right?

Depends on the place...I would for sure try! As the game sucks so bad we need to let them know we won't stand for it.

Back