CM Storm Sentinel Advance gaming mouse

-PK-

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone else use a CM Storm Sentinel mouse? I got mine for $43 shipped through buy.com's Amazon storefront. After the release date I've seen the price fluctuate between $50-$70 depending on inventories.

There are some good, full reviews already, so my summary of features would include:

Pros:
- 2 large thumb buttons, 2 small DPI buttons, and a button to switch profiles.
- 5 profiles stored on the mouse, 4 are fully customizable including a variety of LED colors.
- Any button can be remapped to another mouse or keyboard key, or scripted with the CM software, and saved in the onboard profile.
- Coolermaster's mouse software has very few bugs. The software is only required when managing the mouse profiles, and can be placed on a USB drive to run without installation (great for LAN parties).
- large feet that span the length of the mouse and aren't going to come off with wear.
- adjustable weight capacity, DPI display, independent X/Y DPI adjustment, and adjustable mouse response time of 0.25 ms to 32ms (250µs-32ms).

Neutral (depending on needs):
- large mouse with ergonomic fit (similar shape as a Logitech MX1000 except slightly shorter height and longer).
- not wireless (6ft USB cord).

Cons:
- very stiff middle mouse button

I tested the scripting & macro functionality on one of the profiles by creating a rapid-fire left mouse button. I was pretty impressed. The fastest script possible was 12ms click and 12ms release. In Modern Warfare 2 there was small difference between dual P90's with one button using the rapid fire and the other being held down as normal, the difference was about 7/50 bullets. Semi-automatic weapons such as the FAL and sniper rifles would fire as fast as automatic rifles (if you could control the aim) and the shotguns performed well. Some adjustment to the delay with your favorite semi-auto and you might be able to minimise the recoil or create a burst fire mode. In the end I stuck with standard full-auto weapons anyway, but it's nice to see that the scripting is on par if I ever use it.
Script instructions include mouse & keyboard buttons, pause, repeat, stop, if, goto, and variable assignment. Execution includes Loop after button Release, on button Press, or on button Hold. Loop methods include Loop, Loop-once, Multi-stage (cycle).

Full reviews:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooler-master-sentinel-advance-mouse-review-test/
http://www.futurelooks.com/cm-storm-sentinel-advance-gaming-mouse-review/

Last edited:
I had it for a short while.

Great software/drivers but the buttons are what killed it for me.

I found the side buttons tough to press/find and the middle scroll wheel was virtually useless as it required a great deal of force to press down.

I happen to use side buttons and the middle button religiously in all my FPS games so for me this was the big factor of why I returned it.

I agree on the middle mouse button, it would almost be more practical to remap mouse3 to one of the small dpi buttons. The thumb buttons loosened up after some slight use and are not hard to press any more. However, I don't think the middle mouse button is going to loosen up at all.

Back