CM Elite 130 ITX

hR4Z3af.png

It can hold an R9 290X like a champ !

Today I used this case for a build for a family member with the following hardware:
● Asus H87I-PLUS
● Intel Core i5-4670K
● Noctua NH-L12
● 2x 8GB Crucial VLP 1600MHz
● MSI Radeon R9 270X HAWK
● Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
● Seasonic G-series 550W PSU

The only problem was the GPU ofcourse, it's an oversized PCB. I didn't look closely enough when I got it, but luckily I had some of those scissors you use to cut metal sheets with (don't know the English word) to cut away some of the metal that was an issue.

sMLB11k.png

You can see the area I had to snip around the GPU power connectors.

TzgK8Fq.png

A closer look.

BlaBots.png

Hard to see in this picture but I needed to trim the bottom and the side some get the card into the socket. When it's seated, you could still install an optical drive if needed.

Hi guys

Excellent news, so from sept onwards looks like they are going to be available.

I am building a watercooled mini itx and trying to squeeze a 240 mm rad and atx psu into a sg 05 and my components wont fit, my pump/cpu block is too tall. this CM 130 looks like it has space to acomódate 280 rad, or 240 + 120, it might even be posible to squeeze a 280 + 140 combo although that would be very tight. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea, at this price its hard to beat,

You could buy one of these and platinum psu for the same amount as an SG08, food for thought, and its nice to have some choices.

Regards

Joe Rubido

Are you sure it would fit? I've been scouring youtube and google to find a CM 130 with a 240mm rad in it. I have a 100i and I'm trying to figure out if I can fit it into the CM.
I have found a guy who modded the CM 120 case to fit a H100, but his final build video doesn't include it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkYMdIBH2Lc
I'm guessing the rad blocked the PSU.

Last edited:
Anyone put a Corsair H80i into one of these? I'm looking to pick up a couple and in one of them, I'm hoping to run the Corsair.

The 130 claims to have room for a 120 rad on the front. My concern is: Single fan? Or enough room for push/pull.

I'm leaning more and more towards one of the Bitfenix cases. I just cant seem to find the perfect mITX case...

Hi,
I'm in the process of changing my rig with a more compact solution; Elite 130 seems fine but I have a question regarding a quiet cooling solution: which is best, Noctua NH-L12 or Seidon 120M? I will probably buy an A8-6500 (65W TDP) and I dunno if use an air or liquid solution for cooling. I would buy the quieter. Any advice?

Thanks

Watercooling will most of the time be more quiet because of the temperature buffer it has (water, block and radiator can absorb quite some heat) and a radiator usually is better at cooling. But I can't say I ever heard my NH-L12's fan, which you always replace. I would go with the NH-L12 because of the low-power CPU and the reduced problems it might have. Water cooling can always have a defective pump, fan(s) and may leak, while a heatsink can only have two defective fans.

I did a build with it for family with the fan in the front, like Vikroda:

10003760475_7900f60871.jpg

(his image)

I used a Seasonic G-series 550W which covers the heatsink nicely:

qCYX3Kv.jpg

(my image)

The motherboard also allowed me to install the 92mm fan in-between, giving some fan redundancy and possibly improve cooling performance.

Ok, I bought the NH-L12 hoping it feets adequately on Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+; my power supply is an Enermax Modu82+, I think a bit smaller than Seasonic (150 mm x 85 mm x 140 mm).

Thanks

In your opinion, Seasonic Platinum-460 Fanless is sufficient to power the current setup?

ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ (wifi and bluetooth integrated)
AMD A8-6500 (TDP 65W)
8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1.5V CL9
Point of View 560Ti 2GB (TDP 140W)
Noctua NH-L12
1xSATA HD 1TB 3,5''

Cheers

It will be plenty sufficient power-wise but you NEED the 92mm fan on the heatsink blowing through the PSU or both the PSU and CPU will overheat. Passive PSU's often require that atleast some air passes through them. So if you use the 120mm fan (that comes with the NH-L12) on the front and the 92mm on the CPU heatsink blowing upward into the PSU opening. But I don't know if it will be enough to force the air out through the PSU.

I'd consider just getting a 350W-450W PSU with a quiet fan. If you go with a fanless PSU, you might need to speed up the 92mm fan. This case is made to be used with an actively-cooled PSU.

@Phuncz, thanks for your tips. What you explain is my current setup; 120mm fan on the front and 92mm on the heatsink sending air flow upward.

Back