CM 130 or Node 304

RideTheNun

n00b
Hey guys, I want to convert my 2 full ATX computer to itx.

I've done a lot of research on what case to use and liked, my mind was set on the Node 304. I live in canada and it's pretty hard to get it under 90$ (Newegg.com have it for 54$ pretty often but can't ship here)

Then I went through the CM Elite 130 and kinda wondered if it was better, aesthetically aside, because I prefer the look of the Node. But the price of the CM is really appealing and they are about the same size.

(Tho, the 130 doesn't look that bad)

Any recommendations? Plus/Con?

They'll be air cooled.

If you are going to load up the machine with a lot of drives, I would go with the Node 304. Otherwise I'd rather do a much smaller build with an SG05.

If you need a standard size optical drive or other 5 1/4" device, the CM cases are nice.

Well, the SG05 was an option but I saw that the max GPU length is 10" and my card is 10'5", or am I wrong?

Edit: SG07 seems to be longer, maybe that is an option? But it comes with a 600W PSU.

In my opinion its fine to pay more for the case you like best. A case can be used again and again while parts usually have to be replaced when you upgrade.

air cooling go node, since you can fit tower coolers in it

if cooling with a AIO, then go cm130

I would go for the CM130 if you want the best of everything. It is portable, can fit almost any PSU of your choice, wide enough for a GTX Titan, better airflow, and a DVD Drive (if you feel like it).

Well, the SG05 was an option but I saw that the max GPU length is 10" and my card is 10'5", or am I wrong?

Edit: SG07 seems to be longer, maybe that is an option? But it comes with a 600W PSU.

Which card do you have? Also, you can fit a 10.5" GPU in the SG05 with a very simple mod. Check the SG05 thread and see how people managed to fit Titans and 780s in them.

I have the node, elite 120 not 130 and sg05.

The sg05, yeah its small but its really a pain to manage because its so tiny + needs SFX psu, I've put a atx psu but then had a little room for the rest. It was a cluster of wires and stuff.

node 304, you cant fit modular psu in it. It gets in the way of your gpu the two front intakes dont really cool the mobo that well. I do like the 140mm fan in the rear and looks very nice. I used a AX850

Elite 120 / 130 they are almost the same thing. The only problem I found was I wish there was a dust filter for it. Not too big and not too small. the side fan was loud so I removed it. IT fits everything without mods.

IMO, I'd get the elite 130. Just I have used them and I always go back to the elites.

I would second RideTheNun, as I also have a 120 and sugo 05. I would say that the sugo05 is cool and smaller it can be a real pita to work with in the sense you have to basically completely dismantle it when messing with it. The 120 is pretty nice but a lot longer (matters if you stick it ina media rack, but easy and fun to mod --> make more like the 130. I think coolermaster dod a good job with next version. I do like the Fractal case but looking at it in the store its pretty big, but you can fit a ton of drives in it.

Back