CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

narsbars

2[H]4U
Just temporarily reviving/upgrading an old HP all in one for a friends mother. I hope you have some cheap stuff, this is NOT a performance pc.
Any CPU at least in the 4XXX range would help. The current 3220T dual core is painful. I have to have the T version of any intel CPU I find due to the lower draw. The whole rig runs off something like a 90 watt external brick.
I found the CPU replacement matrix for this board and listed the ones I think would make a real difference.
Any cheap SSD would beat the existing spinny.

• TDP: up to 45 W
  • Socket type: FCLGA1150
  • Motherboard supports the following processors:
    Processor​
    TDP​
    Integrated Graphics​
    • These are the CPUs I would like to find.
      Intel Core i5-4590T (Haswell) 3.0 GHz Quad Core​
      35 W​
      Intel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)​
      Intel Core i5-4670T (Haswell) 2.3 GHz Quad Core​
      45 W​
      Intel Core i5-4690T (Haswell) 2.5 GHz Quad Core​
      45 W​
      Intel Core i7-4765T (Haswell) 2.0 GHz Quad Core​
      35 W​
    Thanks to SamirD........This unit needs DDR3L PC3L-12800 1600MHz SODIMM

Last edited:
In my experience in similar situation, upgrading the whole unit is more financially viable, though quite a bit more effort. For example, about a year ago I got my parents an AIO with i3-6200 for $150, then was able to sell their old Core 2 Duo AIO for $120 on eBay (net ~$100 or so). No amount of CPU or RAM upgrade was going to even compare, though it certainly is more hassle.
The trick is, you gotta find the generation of AIO that is currently being decommissioned by businesses. They are plentiful and hence cheaper than anything else older or newer. A year ago it was Intel 6th Gen, maybe it's 7th or 8th gen currently.

In my experience in similar situation, upgrading the whole unit is more financially viable, though quite a bit more effort. For example, about a year ago I got my parents an AIO with i3-6200 for $150, then was able to sell their old Core 2 Duo AIO for $120 on eBay (net ~$100 or so). No amount of CPU or RAM upgrade was going to even compare, though it certainly is more hassle.
The trick is, you gotta find the generation of AIO that is currently being decommissioned by businesses. They are plentiful and hence cheaper than anything else older or newer. A year ago it was Intel 6th Gen, maybe it's 7th or 8th gen currently.
Thanks but I am stuck with the situation.

DO you have an SSD? SSD over an HHD shows greater performance than additional ram.

Edit, but you probably already know this based on your comments.

What is the HP model number? Does it require sodimms/1.35v versus regular stuff?
Damn! I am glad you asked. 23G 116 takes DDR3L PC3L-12800 1600MHz SODIMM I never even thought about it and would have grabbed the wrong mem. Thank you!

omg, these are the slowest ever. My 93 y/o grandma had one that I replaced with a Dell SFF and she acts like I cured cancer. :LOL:

I have a bunch of 4gb ddr3l sodimms. Hit me up if you need 2 matching sticks.

EDIT: just checked I do not have matching pairs but do have a few.

Last edited:
Any CPU at least in the 4XXX range would help. The current 3220T dual core
The 3xxx is third generation Intel and is LGA1155 where as the 4xxx is 4th generation and is LGA1150 I would make sure you are absolutely sure you actually have an LGA1150 before you upgrade as they use different sockets and chipsets and are not compatible at all.
Just a thought as HP is known to use the same series name and models (You need the exact model not just the series and number EX: Envy 700) through many generations of products

The 3xxx is third generation Intel and is LGA1155 where as the 4xxx is 4th generation and is LGA1150 I would make sure you are absolutely sure you actually have an LGA1150 before you upgrade as they use different sockets and chipsets and are not compatible at all.
Just a thought as HP is known to use the same series name and models (You need the exact model not just the series and number EX: Envy 700) through many generations of products
This is the matrix: I cut out the CPUs that were too slow to make a difference. It is running a 3220T now but can take these;
  • TDP: up to 45 W
  • Socket type: FCLGA1150
  • Motherboard supports the following processors:
    ProcessorTDPIntegrated Graphics
    • These are the CPUs I would like to find.
      Intel Core i5-4590T (Haswell) 3.0 GHz Quad Core35 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)
      Intel Core i5-4670T (Haswell) 2.3 GHz Quad Core45 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)
      Intel Core i5-4690T (Haswell) 2.5 GHz Quad Core45 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)
      Intel Core i7-4765T (Haswell) 2.0 GHz Quad Core35 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)
    Thanks to SamirD........This unit needs DDR3L PC3L-12800 1600MHz SODIMM

omg, these are the slowest ever. My 93 y/o grandma had one that I replaced with a Dell SFF and she acts like I cured cancer. :LOL:

I have a bunch of 4gb ddr3l sodimms. Hit me up if you need 2 matching sticks.

EDIT: just checked I do not have matching pairs but do have a few.
I could use 2 4gig sticks as spares. I really can't see spending much for them though. Thank you for letting me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back