Cleaning radiator

lee0539

[H]ard|Gawd
How do you guys clean dusty radiators?

Are there filter screens available to place between fan and radiator or will that impede too much on the air flow?

Canned air is what I use,or maybe a vacuum cleaner with a plastic adapter if you can get to the radiator with no problems. Make sure you pull the plug to the computer first.

Canned air is what I use,or maybe a vacuum cleaner with a plastic adapter if you can get to the radiator with no problems. Make sure you pull the plug to the computer first.

Haha, yea, nothing like blowing the dust off a fan or a filter while the PC is running and having it sucked right back in.

Not that I've ever done that or anything......

Whatever you chose to clean with just make sure that you blow the air backwards through your fan/rad/filter. Don't want to force the dirt/grit further into your rad or something.

Dont know off the top of my head, but you can usualy find small/cheapish ones at your local hardware store. Ace Hardware, True Value, etc. Your local Home Depot should have them as well.

by cheap do u mean under $50 or under $100?
heres one
actually i have a tire inflator air compressor a small electric one, could i use one of those by adding some kinda attachment? or no?

it would take some doing, but you could use a propane tank as a pressure tank, and have a air hose quick connect, and a valve stem off of a motorcycle tube [one of the metal ones], and put a tee on the propane tank after you take the valve off, and drill and tap a hole in a pipe plug for one side of the tee, and since the tank's bung is 3/4 NPT you'll be using a 3/4 tee, is a 3/4 to 1/4 NPT fitting, then a quick connect for a air hose

Back