Clarkconnect/smoothwall with internal modem?

sKiTz0

Gawd
I have Bellsouth DSL, using an efficient networks speedstream 3060 internal adsl modem. I have drivers for it for any version of windows. It actually sets DSL up as a dial-up connection, even though the number it dials is P8,1. Is there any way to set up or get drivers that will work with a linux based routing program, or alternate way to set it up all together? Since the dsl signal is supposedly on the line all the time, should I actually have to log on? I may go for an ethernet based modem if all else fails, or I could set up ICS on my dads web browsing machine and put the modem in his box. One question though.. will the fact that his box is only like a 400mhz compaq effect inet performance when using ICS? Right now the modem is in my box, and im running ICS through a hub to my dads and brothers machines.

Smoothwall and IpCop are adsl compatable and have setting that need set to work. They are on the dialup interface page. Clark Connect I haven't used in years and can't comment on them.

I would rather run the other box than ICS.

Back