Civ V ~$12 at GamersGate UK site

Nice find! Got it for $11.18 and already activated it through Steam.

Very nice. If I didn't already have this I'd be all over it.

Seems like killer deal to me especially since it activates on Steam. Yes I'm a huge advocate for Steam. Steam got me off of torrenting games.

$17 on D2D for those in the US.

As others have already mentioned, the UK gamers gate site will save you another $5+ and works just fine for US users. I already had an account on Gamers Gate in the US that let me log in on the UK site just fine. Used Paypal and payed $11.18 for Steam V. Got the activation code and used it on Steam. Works perfectly and I'm downloading Civilization V right now!

Just go here: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-CIV5/sid-meiers-civilization-v

Log in using your existing US Gamers Gate account (or create one if you don't have one)

I used Paypal to avoid any possible conversion fees my credit card carrier may impose.

Civ V for $11.18!

Been holding out for it to go to $20 or less... this rocks! :)

Seems like killer deal to me especially since it activates on Steam. Yes I'm a huge advocate for Steam. Steam got me off of torrenting games.

Haha, you sound like you're in Torrents Anonymous meeting or something, lol. :p

But I'm with you, I download a lot less games via torrents now that steam is so easy to use and they have so many good sales.

Haha, you sound like you're in Torrents Anonymous meeting or something, lol. :p

But I'm with you, I download a lot less games via torrents now that steam is so easy to use and they have so many good sales.

I went from DLing 100% of my games via torrents to 0% once I started using steam. Bad thing is I don't get to play the newer games at or before launch anymore but buying games when they're cheap has given me such a backlog it doesn't matter.

It's baby steps to go from free to spending money. I started buying all my software as well. With all the shakedowns in the torrent world right now I don't regret going legit. Had a good run since 96 but now it's time to give back i guess.

Finally the right price for me! Trying to activate it on Steam but it seems their authentication servers must be down...at least I hope that's all it is :p Will try again later to activate.

Finally the right price for me! Trying to activate it on Steam but it seems their authentication servers must be down...at least I hope that's all it is :p Will try again later to activate.

keep trying it will go thru, I did it 4 times before it got thru

Son of a bitch!

I literally just bought it off steam for $33 a few minutes ago.

Just bought the game for like 9.98, good deal. Now I'm actually gonna give this game a real shot, I yar'd it but couldn't get into it.. the tutorial doesn't really explain how to play the game

Finally decided to be in for one, payment process went flawlessly as did the steam activation. Thanks OP! :)

Damn. Missed it. Oh well. I rarely played Civ IV, I probably wouldn't play Civ V very much either.

god dammit I had this in my cart from earlier and checked out without paying too much attention to the total payment amount and realized only afterwards it was not the right price, because I didn't bother to do the conversion in my head and just assumed it was right. My mistake, but I have no idea at what time they changed it. haven't redeemed the serial yet (or clicked to view it) but I can't find refund info on the site either... weaksauce.

god dammit I had this in my cart from earlier and checked out without paying too much attention to the total payment amount and realized only afterwards it was not the right price, because I didn't bother to do the conversion in my head and just assumed it was right. My mistake, but I have no idea at what time they changed it. haven't redeemed the serial yet (or clicked to view it) but I can't find refund info on the site either... weaksauce.

You bought it, no reason for them to give you a refund.

You bought it, no reason for them to give you a refund.

Obviously someone has never worked in customer service, and who has never bothered to read the fine print when they buy anything. Of course there is a reason. I purchased it in error, based on an earlier sale that expired without my realizing it, and without a page showing what it would cost in my country of purchase. They know what country I bought the game in, it showed up as soon as I made an account, but all of that is merely a distraction from the actual point of fact: I qualify for a refund under their own Terms & Conditions.

You can ask for a refund with no question asked within 14 days as long as the game has not been used.

A game is considered used when a download has been attempted, a serial number have been generated or the game have been gifted.

I think I just heard a head explode. :eek:

Last edited:
Obviously someone has never worked in customer service, and who has never bothered to read the fine print when they buy anything. Of course there is a reason. I purchased it in error, based on an earlier sale that expired without my realizing it, and without a page showing what it would cost in my country of purchase. They know what country I bought the game in, it showed up as soon as I made an account, but all of that is merely a distraction from the actual point of fact: I qualify for a refund under their own Terms & Conditions.

I think I just heard a head explode. :eek:

I think a head did explode, because as you can see there, you can't return the game once the serial number is generated. Pretty sure Gamers Gate generates the keys for Steamworks games once you finish the purchase.

Last edited:
Try to get the refund and then we can decide who gets the exploding head treatment. :)
The most that could go wrong is that they say no and you wind up paying more than you wanted for a great game. I've been in a similar situation before and just looked at it as a learning experience.

got this deal and I got all the addon packs on steam for 6buck deal they got.
overal pretty good deal, been a while since I played civ games but they have always been fun.

Try to get the refund and then we can decide who gets the exploding head treatment. :)
The most that could go wrong is that they say no and you wind up paying more than you wanted for a great game. I've been in a similar situation before and just looked at it as a learning experience.

Gamersgate AB just sent you a full refund of £19.95 GBP for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Gamersgate AB.
The refund will go to your PayPal account.

Ohnoes, common sense combined with reading and comprehending fine print! :eek:

This is now a dead deal. The current exchange makes it higher than the Steam sale price.

Back