Cities Skylines 2

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Anyone else looking forward to this game in October ?

I hope it runs better than Planet Coaster, as a theme park game, and the original Cities Skylines when cities get really big.

Already pre-ordered. I don't care if it sucks, it will still be good.

I just want a lot of city management
But CS sucked at that outside of "dude bro, legal pot". SC4 blows it away when it comes down to the nitty gritty of running a city. CS couldn't even do something as simple as not tying density to wealth.

But CS sucked at that outside of "dude bro, legal pot". SC4 blows it away when it comes down to the nitty gritty of running a city. CS couldn't even do something as simple as not tying density to wealth.

It will be more like SC4

Only played it for a little while. Not quite my genre.

I did chuckle when the cemetery was full and they just started dumping bodies into the landfill.

Enjoyed the first one, looking forward to this one; I'll give it a day or so to check out reviews and make sure it's not a buggy launch.

Booo no Steam workshop.

Still addons but on their site.

Maybe it won't be so bad but I don't know.

I liked the first one as a relaxing casual game. I'll be picking up 2 at some point but it will probably be on a sale and after they have released some DLC.

could be because it was updated a lot, but Skyline 2 look extremelly like the first one it seem to me, for a game that was released 8 years ago...

Could be good news for how much work under the hood was made, seem like it will have the sim city 4 raw material to final product chain, which could be nice.

With how much DLC there was for the first one....

I hate how deep down they will release only a portion of the game and then slowly drip us out many features over the next few years that were standard with the original.

Well, performance concerns have been admitted by the devs and modding support plans announced. The map editor will be in beta at release. Review embargo ends on the 19th.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...d-performance-for-cities-skylines-ii.1601865/
On another note, we've noticed the concerns raised about Cities: Skylines II performance, especially after our previous statement with raised minimum and recommended specs. As we've always believed in transparency, we'd like to further shed some light on the current state of the build.

Cities: Skylines II is a next-gen title, and naturally, it demands certain hardware requirements. With that said, while our team has worked tirelessly to deliver the best experience possible, we have not achieved the benchmark we targeted.

In light of this, we still think for the long-term of the project, releasing now is the best way forward. We are proud of the unique gameplay and features in Cities: Skylines II, and we genuinely believe that it offers a great experience that you will enjoy.

We will continually improve the game over the coming months, but we also want to manage expectations on performance for the coming release. Our ambition is for Cities: Skylines II to be enjoyed by as many players as possible, and we're committed to ensuring it reaches its full potential.

Thanks for your understanding and continuous support. We're lucky to have a community as passionate and dedicated as you.

Interesting about hardware requirements...pretty vague from what I could see....

I did catch a 3080 for 1080p. Yikes.

If you are running a big sprawling city with high textures, is it vram limited or is it rasterization? I know with minecraft java with texture packs, shaders and a high render distance, I can max out a 3080s vram where the 3090 is fine.

Having a 3090, I'm not sure if I hope it needs lots of vram or rasterization...I guess vram.

Looks like mods will only be on paradox's website, no steam workshop support.

They made a good trailer I'll give them that. Still waiting on the reviews that should start coming out today.

"I love cities skylines. I love city builders, cities skylines is the king of them...it still is."

Mack weighs in, says it runs like a hippo with 3 legs. He's gonna wait to give it an actual review because the frame drops are that bad. Does sing some praises though. Even on low the graphics look pretty good.

Edit: To maximize performance, Mack says reviewers/streamers were told to turn things to low and run at 1080p.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO95PB-eTEA

I mean, maybe for it's type of sandbox gameplay.

Still think C:S is a subpar city building sim.

Well, it has been called a traffic sim for awhile. CO's first games were Cities in Motion 1/2, traffic/transport games.

Tomorrow we will get to see if my 13900k/3080 can run this at all or if it's going to be "potato mode" like the post above. I do have a 4090 coming on Wednesday.

1698079672949.png

Good luck, I'm gonna wait user reviews etc.. At least they changed the no pre-load thing.

Tomorrow we will get to see if my 13900k/3080 can run this at all or if it's going to be "potato mode" like the post above. I do have a 4090 coming on Wednesday.

View attachment 608297
Let us know. I'm on a 3080 still, so I'm curious... The 4090 is more than twice as fast!

Does this have DLSS support? I run 4k... Is your sig accurate that you're on 1440p?

Let us know. I'm on a 3080 still, so I'm curious... The 4090 is more than twice as fast!

Does this have DLSS support? I run 4k... Is your sig accurate that you're on 1440p?
Yes my sig is accurate and I'm on 1440p. I actually just ordered new monitors, but those will 1440p @ 240hz. My current setup (until tomorrow) is 1 1440P and 2 1080p screens.

From what I seen, it does not have DLSS support.

EDIT: Apparently they are going to work on DLSS support?
1698095132662.png

Last edited:
As a guy that's enjoyed SimCity games for close to 30 years, I have an interest in this. But I think I'll wait for some level of optimization before even bothering. And maybe some AA streams.

As a guy that's enjoyed SimCity games for close to 30 years, I have an interest in this. But I think I'll wait for some level of optimization before even bothering. And maybe some AA streams.
I put so many hours in SimCity 4, was really hyped about SimCity 5 but it was a HUGE let down.

Cities Skyline 1 was much better though traffic in this game is a nightmare, I couldn't build a city in 30 minutes and be like, welp I'm done here like SimCity 5.

I'm interested, but I'll wait until after it releases.
I dont pre-order games anymore.
S smart one, wish more people did this and less pre-ordered, force game makers to actually release a decent game off the bat to make people want to buy it, vs take their money and then release a steaming pile of crap and throw out patches now and then

A 3080 10gb or 12gb

If it is totally gpu limited...is it GPU or vram?
10GB, CS1 maxes out my vram with all the mods I have running. 100k population 40-60FPS depending on what's going on.

This reminds me a bit like Crysis, it's just unoptimized but atleast Crysis looked good.

Game has been released. I can't play on my desktop yet, but have tried on my laptop:

20-25FPS on i7-10750H and RTX 2070 8GB, defaults appear to be 'high' and it honestly looks like crap.

If it doesn't play well on my desktop I will submit a request for refund.

EDIT:
Apparently the developer is aware of the issue already

here are the recommended fixes temporarily;Here are some ways to fix various performance issues for Cities Skylines 2:Reduce or turn off settings for Depth of Field, Volumetrics, and Global Illumination – Any graphical effects that impacts fillrate should be turned down if you want a better FPSSet other graphical settings to Medium or lower – If you continue to experience stuttering, we recommend turning down the Animation Quality, Level of Detail, and Texture Quality Settings to Low or Medium. The same goes for Reflections Quality, Shadow Quality, and Terrain Quality.

Last edited:
Back