Cisco question.

Onions

n00b
What iam trying to accomplish is connecting a HP-4104GL switch to a Cisco 2960G switch, It works, however not with spanning tree enabled on the HP switch, if i enable that the Cisco shuts down the port. And i can not figure out why, i assume its storm-controll config in the Cisco.

The Cisco is part of a stack, and here is the configuration of the port i am connecting to on the Cisco:

switchport access vlan 101
switchport mode access
no logging event link-status
srr-queue bandwidth share 65 5 20 10
srr-queue bandwidth shape 2 0 0 0
queue-set 2
mls qos trust dscp
snmp trap mac-notification added
no snmp trap link-status
storm-control broadcast level 50.00 20.00
storm-control multicast level 50.00 20.00
storm-control action shutdown
storm-control action trap
no cdp enable
spanning-tree portfast

Any idea why the Cisco shutdown the port when i enable spanning tree?

if you do a "show int status err" it should show you the disabled port and a reason - ex. err-disabled BPDUguard or something.

since you say it works until STP is enabled. try removing portfast from the port and see if it works with STP running on both ends.

How is the port on the HP configured?

Normally from Cisco to Cisco I would run a trunk port. Keep in mind that a trunk port in Cisco lingo =/= trunk port in HP lingo.

From your Cisco port config it looks like a single access vlan port, but if the HP is passing multiple vlans this could also trip the STP.

I would remove that portfast. When BPDUs are detected on portfast ports, it would shut down. You can show stp status to see if port is in blocking/disabled mode.

do this:
enable
config t
interface (whatever it is)
no spanning-tree portfast

save config, and you should be ok.

Back