Cisco.com downloads

Verge

Supreme [H]ardness
Is it consider illegal to get a friend to download updates from their site?

What kind of update can u not download? just make an account on the website...

If it is something your supposed to pay for then yes...

What kind of update can u not download? just make an account on the website...

If it is something your supposed to pay for then yes...

It's a minor patch for Cisco Unity. I could have sworn you used to be able to download these for free. Going to try to get our cisco rep to get it for me, he has before.

Generally if you buy a product from Cisco or from any Cisco certified reseller, you obtain a contract number and be able to tie it to your CCO account.

Cisco shutting down being able to download IOS's you don't have a contract for is the dumbest thing in the world.
How would you ever find IOS's for routers to learn CCNA, CCNP, etc in GSX.
Seriously Cisco? Are you that paranoid?

Cisco shutting down being able to download IOS's you don't have a contract for is the dumbest thing in the world.
How would you ever find IOS's for routers to learn CCNA, CCNP, etc in GSX.
Seriously Cisco? Are you that paranoid?

This is standard practice across many manufacturers. Most Juniper, Brocade/Foundry and Avaya documents are also under these new 'ideas' of having to have an active support contract to get documentation, software or (of course) support.

What gets more annoying is, you have to remember what contract it is under. Apparently we have over 30 contract numbers and of course I dont remember which one has 3750 or 2960s listed under so I constantly have to pray that I selected the right contract number when I go to download iOS files

What gets more annoying is, you have to remember what contract it is under. Apparently we have over 30 contract numbers and of course I dont remember which one has 3750 or 2960s listed under so I constantly have to pray that I selected the right contract number when I go to download iOS files

Have your Cisco partner combine your contracts under one. They can do it.

If you aren't under a service contract you aren't paying for ongoing development of new code therefore you don't get that new code.

Have your Cisco partner combine your contracts under one. They can do it.

If you aren't under a service contract you aren't paying for ongoing development of new code therefore you don't get that new code.

Unforuntately they would like to keep it all separate to "keep track" of when it was purchased to replace every three years...but of course they randomly assign switches everywhere and constantly move things around....

Screw the new code, give me the old code then. People just need stuff for training sometimes.
Or maybe they bought a 2600 router off ebay to learn. It would be nice to upgrade it to a 12.x IOS (doesn't need to be the newest, or even the second newest) but would be nice to be somewhat new to support all the newer commands.

I have lost a lot of respect for Cisco because of this policy.

i had a buddy who was able to get me all kinds of IOS files so i could update my equipment to study, i think this new policy they have is stupid. If nothing provide up to date but limitedish versions specifically tailored to training.

I don't completely agree with it... I'm a Cisco partner and I can't even download things unless a customer adds me to their support contracts.

Cisco has lost even more respect from me due to this change.

A few years back I had some old EOL equipment - really, really old stuff. Figured maybe I could be legit and give Cisco some cash instead of less than reputable channels - turns out there is a paradox of equipment not on contract not being able to download images, and equipment too old to be put on contracts. So....yeah. That one confused me. I didn't feel too bad about obtaining those images considering Cisco basically told me they are locked up forever at this point. Not like they really care, but their dollar lost.

I got an email from them about labbing setups today actually, I figured maybe they finally put something out to get paid. Joke was on me, they are selling 25hours of simulated space, on their hosted side. Bleh. I guess they know what's up - the second they release something official that can do IOS sims 100%, it would be cracked no matter what the price. Sad.

Back