My treasure finds:

BFME2 ~ $3.50
BFME2 - Rise of Witch King ~ $2.30
Spellforce 2 ~ $4.66
Gothic 3 ~ $3.00
Call of Juarez ~ $5.00
BF2 Deluxe ~ $4.66
Stronghold Legends ~ $1.70

i tried to get the bf2 deluxe this is the one with the expansions and booster kits?? it was regular price at my cc i even had them ring it up.

This could be an one-shot oddity, but I went over to the CC I live close to and had them check the price on Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance--which was tagged at $39.99--and walked out with it for $10.

This could be an one-shot oddity, but I went over to the CC I live close to and had them check the price on Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance--which was tagged at $39.99--and walked out with it for $10.

I had them scan the original, which rang up at $29.99, though I did get the rest of these:

NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer
Shivering Isles
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Company of Heroes
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
BfME2: Rise of the Witch King

One of the clerks went and hid a copy of Double Agent after it rang up at $2.xx. :p

I came up empty. I tried every version of FEAR that's out there, and all came up at roughly retail. I'll check at Fry's this weekend, when I go to Dallas. Over thanksgiving, I think they had FEAR for around $20 for either the gold or platinum version.

If not, no loss....I've got more games than I have time to play.

Could be a weird glitch in their pricing system.. oddly enough, it's not even online, so who knows?

I will definitely give it a try tomorrow when I go back.

My treasure finds:

BFME2 ~ $3.50
BFME2 - Rise of Witch King ~ $2.30
Spellforce 2 ~ $4.66
Gothic 3 ~ $3.00
Call of Juarez ~ $5.00
BF2 Deluxe ~ $4.66
Stronghold Legends ~ $1.70

Oh em Gee Loggahead! Nice Finds!

Weird, the big list on Cheap Ass Gamer said people have found Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts for $10, as well as FEAR Perseus Mandate.

Overlord is also $8.50 in store, according to the list.

I'm gonna get back to CC bright and early tomorrow morning, because shit, a $10 Opposing Fronts is too good to pass up.

I can confirm Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts. LOL, between this sale and when they ran the same thing a couple of weeks ago, I have like 25 games. Can anyone else confirm the Supreme Commander Forged Alliance @ $10? It was $30 last time I checked it and is currently $30 on their website.

Geez.. that is insane. Hopefully I can still snag one at my CC!

I don't see Forged Alliance on their website, just regular SC!

I went by at lunch and picked up Shivering Isles for $7.50, and Perseus Mandate and Company of Heroes for $10 each. Unfortunately, they didn't have BFME2 or Overlord, and Supreme Commander rang up as $29.99.

The version of F.E.A.R. I snagged for $5 was the original game, the box was pretty beat up but unopened. I returned the Titan Quest: Immortal Throne game I got for $10, I thought it was the original game but it was the expansion pack. Since I don't have the original the expansion pack is pretty useless.

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance was also an expansion but I think I remember reading that the original game is not required to play? Anyone confirm that?

I went back to the same CC again and picked up Call of Juarez for $5 and Rainbow Six Vegas for $10

anyone know when this is over the CC here by Ft. Hood sucks and i'll be going to Houston this weekend.

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance is $10 but they will need to look it up in the system.

I can confirm Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts. LOL, between this sale and when they ran the same thing a couple of weeks ago, I have like 25 games. Can anyone else confirm the Supreme Commander Forged Alliance @ $10? It was $30 last time I checked it and is currently $30 on their website.

Wait, COH:OF is on sale!?

I WANTED to get Simcity 4 deluxe when it was in stock this afternoon, but I was waffling between just getting it online(since after checking my local CC I couldn't find it) or pondering if I should get something else to take advantage of the free shipping that would save me 2 dollars. Then I decided to work on my recently transferred case a little, and when I got back they were all gone. :(

Of course it didn't help that nothing seemed to have been marked down at the store.

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance is $10 but they will need to look it up in the system.

Maybe at your CC, but me and a friend bought the game at two seperate CC's (only 1 copy at each) and they did not have to look up the game at all, it rang up $10.

I can confirm that Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and F.E.A.R Perseus Mandate are all ringing up $10.

I think I will make a new thread since these ones are some kind of oddity glitch in CC's registers since they aren't $19.99 and are coming up way more than half off.

I scored 11 games today for $55, including 4 $10 games, so I made out awesome. I will post a haul later.

I hate you guys so much now, I was there today and like I said before, didn't try to pick them up because it didn't say they were on sale. Gotta try tomorrow :(

I hate you guys so much now, I was there today and like I said before, didn't try to pick them up because it didn't say they were on sale. Gotta try tomorrow :(

Yea, it seems word got out because the copies of SupCom FA we found were few and far between, along with CoH OP. Lots and lots of Perseus Mandate though ;)

I know it got average reviews, but for $10 I will take some more Fear action.

I found at least one copy of OF at the store. I'm not sure about FA, I might have seen it or it may just have been the original.

Actually, speaking of location, I should ask right now if this sale is in effect for ALL CC stores.

...Is it?

Went to the CC in Hamburg, NY. Nothing was on sale. Call of Juarez was $49.99, Stalker was $59.99. They didnt have a damn thing under $19.99 and the sales people are fucking tools. What a waste of a 20 minute ride. I'll never deal with CC again, this isn't the first time I've driven out there to find out mine doesn't honor sale flyer prices because the retarded fuckers gouge at my CC.

Went to the CC in Hamburg, NY. Nothing was on sale. Call of Juarez was $49.99, Stalker was $59.99. They didnt have a damn thing under $19.99 and the sales people are fucking tools. What a waste of a 20 minute ride. I'll never deal with CC again, this isn't the first time I've driven out there to find out mine doesn't honor sale flyer prices because the retarded fuckers gouge at my CC.

Did you have them scan the games?

All the games have the wrong stickers on them, but they scan correctly. Not one game I picked up or scanned had the correct sticker on it.

I picked up:

World Of Warcraft (eh for $10 I thought I'd give it a try since a friend on mine plays this)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-Earth ($5!)
GTR2 ($2!! It also works GREAT with my MS Force Feedback Wheel)

LOL. It's not very difficult. Grab a big ass stack of games, take them to the nearest associate, and politely ask them to scan the prices. Of course, this actually requires you to interact with a real person IRL.

Went to the CC in Hamburg, NY. Nothing was on sale. Call of Juarez was $49.99, Stalker was $59.99.
I mentioned it earlier in the thread and in the link to the other thread. The price tags are outdated. IMO, it's worth the trip back for the treasure hunting. You should visit CAG first to get a full list of the known sale prices. Last time I checked it was over 150 titles long, with games priced between $0.42 and $10. About 1/2 the games were $5 or less, with several good titles available.

I'm not going back because i already bought too many games. Between online and the 2 recent 50% off sales, I bought over 30 games. I gave away 5, started playing 2 and am now wondering how I can get through the rest. :p

This was my haul for today -

Galatic Civilizations - $2.50
Diner Dash - $2.50
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - $10
FEAR: Perseus Mandate - $10
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance - $10
Halo - $10
Gothic 3 - $3
Stubbs the Zombie - $4
Battlefield 2 - $5 (I got a CC to sell my the preorder box for MoH Airborne, has BF 2 free inside)
Battlefield 2 Special Forces - $4.66
Battlefield 2 Booster Collection - $3.50

Can't believe CC is dumb enough to drop relatively new expansions to $10, but I'm not complaining. It took a lot of hassle to get CC to sell me the MoH Airborne box, but the end result is worth it, the whole BF 2 Collection for around $12!

My friend scored something like 40 or so games for around $50, he got tons of the $1 and $2 games.

LOL. It's not very difficult. Grab a big ass stack of games, take them to the nearest associate, and politely ask them to scan the prices. Of course, this actually requires you to interact with a real person IRL.

The sales person said the only games on sale were the ones tagged $19.99 and under. They weren't interested in doing anything more.

The sales person said the only games on sale were the ones tagged $19.99 and under. They weren't interested in doing anything more.

You take them up to the register then and do it there... I had no problem getting a cashier to price check games and I've been to 3 or 4 CC's in the past three days. There is a 99% chance the sales person doesn't know dick about the PC games.

These prices are universal, so even if the tag says $50, it will ring up $10 or whatever the price listed here is. Circuit City never updates the tags on PC games ever, the place is a barren wasteland most of the time.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread and in the link to the other thread. The price tags are outdated. IMO, it's worth the trip back for the treasure hunting. You should visit CAG first to get a full list of the known sale prices. Last time I checked it was over 150 titles long, with games priced between $0.42 and $10. About 1/2 the games were $5 or less, with several good titles available.

I'm not going back because i already bought too many games. Between online and the 2 recent 50% off sales, I bought over 30 games. I gave away 5, started playing 2 and am now wondering how I can get through the rest. :p

Where is the list?

All the games have the wrong stickers on them, but they scan correctly. Not one game I picked up or scanned had the correct sticker on it

That's what I think is happening, I'll have to make a detour there when I get back from my commute tomorrow again.

You realize that none of the circuit city's anywhere have their tags right, don't you? I have piles and piles of games marked $39.99-$49.99 that I paid $2-$10 each for. Why would you expect dumbass minimum wage high school kids to take the initiative and beg you for the privilege of helping you wade through their pricetags? If you want to get in on a deal like this, you need to do some legwork, which generally consists of grabbing a stack of games you know or suspect are on sale and asking (or telling) an employee to scan the prices. I guarantee that whoever you talked to at Circuit City doesn't care at all that you're never shopping there again, whereas now you're resolved to bitching on a message board. So: Circuit City - 1, You - 0. If you care about employees "doing more" and I guess 'going the extra mile' for you, the $4 clearance PC game section at Circuit City probably isn't the best place to shop.

Would've been nice to score a copy of Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts for $10, but the CC I live by was long since out of all the confirmed sale stuff apart from SC:FA. I guess most of the games will end up going for $20 on eBay...

Back