Chrome 24" iMac

Qtip42

[H]is Modness
I'm no photographer so forgive me..The editing is terrible too. I should have some professional shots done up sometime soon. I originally went for black nickel but decided against it. I ordered quite a few frames to try out so my next choices are probably yellow 24kt yellow, rose, and maybe white gold. The plating alone is too simple for my taste so I'd really like to work on combinations of polished and brushed along with some pinstriping...who knows. There's quite a bit you can do to these things.

chrome-imac2.jpg

chrome-imac1.jpg

Hah! nice... I always like your work.... the gold stuff is awesome....

the gold really isnt my thing, but that chrome is hot!

i think you shoulda gone with the black nickel. that would make it like, stealth. a nice anodization would be cool too where you could still see the aluminum grain. in red!

the gold really isnt my thing, but that chrome is hot!

i think you shoulda gone with the black nickel. that would make it like, stealth. a nice anodization would be cool too where you could still see the aluminum grain. in red!

There's better stuff out there besides the black nickel. The look just isn't what I'm going for. There is about another 20 black choices of plating. The aluminum grain you're talking about is basically a frosted (my place calls it crystalite) finish and can be applied to almost any plating (gold, copper, chrome, etc).

Nice.

question: Has anyone at Apple ever contacted you about your work?

I'm not 100% what finish the bare aluminum has before it's anodized.

The look can be replicated though. The crystalite finish from what I understand is a nickel coat before gold or whatever is applied. It will then appear to be a muted soft finish which looks similar to the stock anodizing on a MBP

Very Nice and Classy.

Do you sell these? If So may I inquire as to how much you would charge?

Keep up the good work!

Not the imacs yet. Most of the stuff is sold direct through me but ya I do keep one reseller since they have merchant services. Plus they help a lot in other ways. And anything to get this whole mod thing off the ground is good.

I know they dont like the price talk here so I'll refrain from details but the goal is to get it down to something more affordable to the masses. I realize the MBP's at least are out of reach for most people.

not much to do on them is there. whole back being plastic like that.

I'm working on that. There is something. Since nobody's buying this thing quite yet I can afford to play around with it.

last i heard, there was a process that would allow you to chrome plastics. i dont know if worked on all plastics, but i saw some chrome plastics.

last i heard, there was a process that would allow you to chrome plastics. i dont know if worked on all plastics, but i saw some chrome plastics.

It's possible but too much work for these things. I was thinking my CC logo in a louis vuitton sorta pattern on the back. The curve makes it a problem for the laser though. It only has a focal play of 1/2" before the image won't show up (if on a curved surface)...It's possible to try in steps but I don't think I'll be doing it due to the time.

I'll probably engrave the glass instead.

Back