choppyness in winamp and foobar?

homIcIde

Limp Gawd
Recently (in the last week or two) I've started to get random sort of fuzzes of sound in both winamp (5.1 i think) and foobar2000 special. It only seems to happen whne listening to mp3s tho. CDs and games havent had that problem. I havent tried any movies. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I've tried updating my drivers, but it had no affect.

what changes have you made with your system? hardware changes? any new programs installed? and "fuzzes of sound" isnt very descriptive, i'm not sure what you mean. like static? distortion of the mp3? are your mp3s corrupt?

its distortion of the sound for a moment or two at a time. i havent made any hardware changes other than adding a new stick of ram a week or so ago. the problem seems to only really come out if my computer has been on for a long period of time. if i reboot it everything seems to sound fine.

what OS are you running? i can only assume xp, but if not you might have a memory leak problem somewhere, eating up all your free resources and causing this problem.

other than that i'm pretty much stumpped.

did you update your mobo drivers?

Check the cables, and make sure they are connected right. Also, check the settings in your media players for any changed settings and also check the sound card drivers. It could also be a resource thing, so check the running processes in the background and turn a few off that do not need to be running.

Back