Choosing a flavor of 9800 pro

V3|!UM

Limp Gawd
I've seen a lot fo 9800 pro's for under 300 bux... I am at a cross between a Saphire and the tyan tachyon. The tyan has a bigass blue heatsink where the saphire i was looking at had silver ram sinks and the standard core sink. Anyone know if there is a better deal out there? Maybe bundled HL2? Or some other hot game like call of duty? the Saphire i saw at gameve was $274 with free shipping. the tyan was $290 at newegg. The most i'd spend is $300. Anyone of a good bundle that overclocks decently?

Ve|

maybe they got a shit card but the tyan is a better card IMO

Better stock cooling and a monitiering program with a built in ocer

+ its blue :D

i just have the regular ati brand one and i got it for 250, free shipping with ATI's trade up policy. I sent in a POS ollllldddd geforce and they gave me 50 bucks for it. I dont think they do free shipping anymore though. That might be over.

I really could care less about the color, since i got a windowless lanboy plus case. I am looking for performance and after reading [H]ard's review i am kinda turned off from it. Any suggestions on which 9800 pro i should go with ?

Ve|

I have the sapphire one from newegg, with a new cooler and ramsinks does 475 core / 390 mem... can't beat it :)

Which cooler and ramsinks did ya use? I figure for the money i'd save on the saphire i can just buy the sinks..

V3|

Back