Check out my new LAN setup!

Entropy

Gawd
Heya people, I have weekly LAN's with my friends (4 of us, CSS and BF2) and it gets really painful playing for 8 hours on a dining table :p ... so we took a trip down to the local IKEA.. ended up gettin this:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...Id=10101&storeId=3&langId=-15&productId=14941

We bought 4 of them, plus 4 chair swivel chairs, and its the perfect small LAN setup. My buddy is heading over later tonight so we can set up the LAN room. What do ya'll think?

:D

PICS will come as soon as my sis gets back from vacation.

I dunno, my roommate got one of those and my impression of it is "why not make you own with some pvc and plywood?"

I prefer my desk from ikea much better because it has like a gajillion times more space. With that thing you hardly have any room for anything besides the computer keyboard and mouse.

a 6' or 8' folding table works great too, and is easy to get out of the way.

fazzman said:
a 6' or 8' folding table works great too, and is easy to get out of the way.
I run two six foot folding tables end-to-end. Works perfect.

nice and stylish...

nothing like a weekly lan with the gang i always say... brings everybody together, game and chat about the week...

Heh yeah.. I even got my GF in on it <---- How cool is that? :cool:

She brings her rig over (A64 3000+, 1 GIG ram, 6600GT) that I built and she plays CSS. We did that just this past saturday hehe.

Erasmus354 said:
I dunno, my roommate got one of those and my impression of it is "why not make you own with some pvc and plywood?"

I prefer my desk from ikea much better because it has like a gajillion times more space. With that thing you hardly have any room for anything besides the computer keyboard and mouse.
'Cause you'll end up spending much more in time and money than the $39 bucks it cost and your PVC and plywood contraption will look like crap. Looks like a perfect lan setup just like the thread title says.

tfbit said:
'Cause you'll end up spending much more in time and money than the $39 bucks it cost and your PVC and plywood contraption will look like crap. Looks like a perfect lan setup just like the thread title says.

Exactly, a sheet of plywood itself will run you close to $39. Not to mention the pvc, fasteners, paint, tools, time and mess. That's a nice price for a no-frills workstation.

-Ace-

My preference is folding tables. But when you run a monthly lan with 30+ (50+ this month, w00t), that is really the only option.

Interesting, my laptop needs a home and that looks like the perfect thing at the perfect price. Guess I could use the CPU tower as a drink holder or something.

IcedEmotion said:
Interesting, my laptop needs a home and that looks like the perfect thing at the perfect price. Guess I could use the CPU tower as a drink holder or something.

that's a big drink holder... ;)

ikeadesk.gif

Entropy said:
Vancouver BC, good ol' canadian eh :D

Vancouver Island here :p Good ol' west coast.

For the printer area, could you use it as a foot rest? And could you put a large amount of pressure on the main desk area? Thinking of getting one of these actually, look like a nice price.

Digital Oxide said:
Vancouver Island here :p Good ol' west coast.

For the printer area, could you use it as a foot rest? And could you put a large amount of pressure on the main desk area? Thinking of getting one of these actually, look like a nice price.

I don't actually know yet, didnt get a chance to set it up, but I got a LAN night tomorrow night. So... I'll report back during the LAN and tell you guys how comfortable it is and if its worth it, etc. Anyways... just got home from work, so yeah.. shower... then some Indigo Prophecy time.

Back