Cheapest Pocket PC w/ or able to do WI-FI?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19858
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19858

Currently I am using a HP iPAQ 1910 that I got from work and its pretty cool. The only thing I dont really like is the fact that it is unable to get on the internet.

Can someone recomend a cheap Pocket PC similar to this one that will allow for internet access either with something built in or with a compact flash card?

look into the dell axim x5 w/ 300mhz and 64mb ram. i have one of these little babies with a 256mb sd card and a 802.11b wireless card.... i like it!

i will tell you though, the inet on the pocket pc is not what it's cracked up to be. small screen and no special graphics you would see on your pc browser. i do use it to sync my email to via inet though. :)

i will tell you though, the inet on the pocket pc is not
what it's cracked up to be. small screen and no special graphics you would see on your pc browser. i do use it to sync my email to via inet though.

I second that, pocket pc internet disappointed me as well.

Don't know the cheapest with WiFi and bluetooth, as I don't think the Dell Axim 3 has bluetooth but it's probably one of the cheapest with WiFi.

I have a Tungsten C and my apartment mate has the new Dell, it's a really nice little pda. Cheap too.

well, I suppose you could get a bluetooth card for it. I think any PDA with Bluetooth and wireless is going to be above $450 but I'm not totally sure.

you can get a CF wifi card and bluetooth SD card from newegg for 70 bucks each. sandisk makes a cf wifi b card that also has 128mb of memory on it. my buddy used it on his but the drivers currently are not compatable to PPC2003 so he traded his card in for a CF 802.11b wifi card and a CF 128mb memory card. if you find a device running the ppc2002, that sandisk card with the built in memory is suppose to be really sweet. it also comes with a pcmcia slot reader so you can use the memory and/or wifi on your laptop!

Originally posted by emorphien
Don't know the cheapest with WiFi and bluetooth, as I don't think the Dell Axim 3 has bluetooth but it's probably one of the cheapest with WiFi.

I have a Tungsten C and my apartment mate has the new Dell, it's a really nice little pda. Cheap too.

yeah, the tungsten C is a great little device. I was really close to buying one. I decided to get the ipaq 4355 instead though since the tungsten C has its major downfalls, namely the lack of an integrated voice recorder and standard headphone jack.

Originally posted by olaf2821
HP4155, not really cheap, but not too expensive either. About $400 online.
yeah, imo, it's the best pocket pc out there, well, second to the 4355. :p

the 4155 is better than the 5555 imo as well due to its small size.

The 4355 is the best though because it is very compact and thin despite the thumb board. IMO, the thumbboard adds a lot.

If you can wait a little bit, the next Gen Axim X3i's should have both WiFi and BT included. The original was supposed to but Dell dumped the bluetooth (probably because they were not ok'd by the FCC for it). They recently got the ok, so it should be in the next release.

Originally posted by 2_hotty
If you can wait a little bit, the next Gen Axim X3i's should have both WiFi and BT included. The original was supposed to but Dell dumped the bluetooth (probably because they were not ok'd by the FCC for it). They recently got the ok, so it should be in the next release.

good info! i'll be looking for one to do some upgrades. ;)

That is correct, for now. It will be the next generation of X3's that have bluetooth built in also. I don't know when that will be though. If Dell follows their previous pricing patterns, it will be the most inexpensive PDA with both WiFi and BT also.

Again, I know they were just ok'd for it, I just don't know when it's coming.

Originally posted by SnowPunk98
Currently I am using a HP iPAQ 1910 that I got from work and its pretty cool. The only thing I dont really like is the fact that it is unable to get on the internet.

Can someone recomend a cheap Pocket PC similar to this one that will allow for internet access either with something built in or with a compact flash card?

I just picked up an HP iPAQ 4100 from Best Buy for $380. Built in WiFi and Bluetooth. It is a pretty sweet little device. Although I agree with everyone else, the browser functionality is pretty lackluster.

~Aaron

Yea I dont know if its worth paying more for a WIFI one when there really isnt a whole lotta use for it.

It might be better to get a cheaper non-WIFI one

Back