Cheap DSL/Cable

Notquiteanewbie

Limp Gawd
No clue where to post this

My mom is currently on 56k dialup and shes complaining on how slow it is.
She currently pays $9.95/month with Bluelight Internet
decent service

Anyway she want's something faster either broadband/dsl
HAS TO BE CHEAP

Are there any dsl/broadband isp's that are less than $20 per month?

she currently does not have cable either so those comcast deals for like $40 only apply to current customers, new customers get charged $50.

The only thing I saw it Netzero highspeed, which they CLAIM is 5x faster than regular dialup. (not dsl or broadband) they use a proprietary technology to compress images before it gets sent to you. This seems to be the best option for $14.95

Would prefer dsl/broadband
Anyone experience this Netzero Highspeed?

Verizon DSL on a 1 year contract is $30/mo.

Netzero HiSpeed is dial-up with compression of the images (so they look like shit) to make it faster.

Nuff said.

My GF has low end cable for like 26 a month. Its like their 120kps package I believe. Call your cable/phone company and ask about there different packages.

sorry i should have said
but verizon dsl isn't available
which is ridiculous cause we live in boston

atleast it said that on their website lookup

alright i'll check other places

any more recommendations will be good
thanks

I haven't used Netzero or Juno high speed dial up, all I know is that they pipe compressed pages to you for faster loading.

In my area (Quincy, MA), the cheapest thing you can get is probably Verizon DSL for $30/month with a contract like malingjc says. Comcast is $42.95 for me when I subscribe in the summer, and that's not including a cable modem, which is $3 a month. I have my own cable modem though, so I don't have to rent one from them.

I dunno if Boston has other services other than these two though, but even here in Worcester, prices are around $30+ for DSL and Charter cable.

But you'll have to call Comcast or Verizon or RCN or whoever to find out.

Qwest has a DSL package for $26/month. Check their site out to see if you qualify.

Adam

Back