change anything on this machine?

manny_17

Limp Gawd
just like it says, there was a post similar to mine but I want to know what you all think about my system... I dont really have a budget im just curious what you would all change...

Mannnay!!

I would change the video card imo. There are much better out there and real cheap 6600gt, any 6800 series, x800 series are all good cards and priced well too.

Well it already looks like you have a 6800GT on the way, but when it comes to the Radeons I'd personaly get something in the x800 series, which computerdude has already stated. Other then that that'd be one nice computer. Though you may find yourself wanting perhaps another gig of RAM in the not too distant future.

No point for liquid cooling. Unless you're hardcore into overclocking which is kind of pointless in itself IMO. Sure you might get a 20-40% increase in framerates, but what is the real world difference? Maybe like 120fps instead of 90fps? Or 70fps instead of 50fps?

I suppose there could be a little bit of reason to gain that much, but the difference won't be too tremendously noticeable to justify the hundreds of dollars spent on peltiers, tubing, reservoirs, and pumps, etc etc etc. Just not worth it IMO, (maybe I'm not as [H] as the rest of you).

However, I think your system would benefit from the new video card. As seen in your other thread, I suggested the x800XL for reasons stated in that thread.

I think the LCD is largely a preference thing. I know I could never go back to a CRT, but that's just me. I think they're great and are a lot easier on the eyes. But I'm pretty interested in the audio/visual experience put out by my machine. That's why I own a 19" LCD, 5.1 speakers, and a decent sound card. It's really a preference thing. But I do think you'd like a Dell LCD.

Other than that, your machine is good. I wouldn't replace your CPU, RAM or motherboard yet. The other options are all preference also (ie: DVDrw's, HD's, mouse, etc).

well i, for one, would definatly upgrade that 3.2mhz p4...

thats gotta be hella slow ;)

lithium726 said:
well i, for one, would definatly upgrade that 3.2mhz p4...

thats gotta be hella slow ;)

Yes, that is hella slow. Make sure your "Turbo" button is pushed in :D

Otherwise, if you do lots of gaming, video card.

Back