Certified refurbished Decks now available to purchase through Steam

Sweet deal - if I were in a market for a steam deck, I'd grab a 64GB refurb and slap in a 1TB SSD.
I'd be a little hesitant purely off the basis that the refurbished Decks (that you receive from an RMA) tend to have issues. Even brand new Decks that haven't been used before tend to have issues, too.

Even brand new Decks that haven't been used before tend to have issues, too.
I know 5 people with Steam Decks. 3 of them had to send it in for RMA immediately after receiving their brand-new units. Another had to send theirs in shortly before the warranty expired (and the repair center broke an internal shell clip).

I know 5 people with Steam Decks. 3 of them had to send it in for RMA immediately after receiving their brand-new units. Another had to send theirs in shortly before the warranty expired (and the repair center broke an internal shell clip).
I have a q3 512GB and it works fine since it came out of the box.

And now one of those guys has to send in their Steam Deck for a 2nd time, this time for a non-working B button.

I read somewhere recently that Lenovo is coming out with something similar but bigger screen and runs windows. But will it be cheaper?

While I don't love the idea of dealing with windows updates constantly on a portable device.... at least it's launcher agnostic for those with decent Epic etc libraries like myself....

I read somewhere recently that Lenovo is coming out with something similar but bigger screen and runs windows. But will it be cheaper?

While I don't love the idea of dealing with windows updates constantly on a portable device.... at least it's launcher agnostic for those with decent Epic etc libraries like myself....
Set connection to metered, then put it back to normal every few months for updates :).

Back