CCIE - anyone else working on their Certs?

pug

[H]ard|Gawd
Second attempt for the lab is Jan 28th for me for the R&S. After that I'll move on to the CCIE DC.

I'll be heading to a workshop here in the next month or two to get my CCDA / CCNA Security

I finished my CCNP about 8 months ago and have been working on the design track now. I'd like to get my CCDA and CCDP.

The professional level is far enough for me since I don't have the kind of job that
1) really needs a CCIE
2) would use CCIE skills enough every day to retain CCIE knowledge
3) would be able to afford a CCIE salary

If you're not already a member the site www.networking-forum.com is a great place a lot of other Cisco people hang out.
EDIT: nevermind, i see you're already a member :D

working on CCNP right now, goal is to complete the whole track by end of summer or earlier. hopefully earlier since i've got my first child on the way and due in July. :D

I
EDIT: nevermind, i see you're already a member :D

Yeah been a member for a long time. My job pays for the first three attempts for the lab, and there are a few other perks as well. Plus well its kind of expected to get a CCIE where I work. :)

Finished CCNA in October, took a bit of a break and have recently started on CCNP.

what type of job do you do that expects a CCIE designation??

I started studying for the CCNA a couple years back but stopped because i don't work in the IT field, figured it was pointless to get a cert if i don't even have a job doing that, and considering i don't have a degree figured it was even more pointless.

I have my R&S written coming up, but I have been so busy with work I haven't studied that much. Probably push it out again.

Will take CCIE written late this year or Jan of next with plans to complete the lab in 2015. I'm working on my Masters as well so I'm pretty busy. My work does not expect a CCIE or want a person to obtain it. I don't see myself being there much into next year.

Have the CCNA, 1/3 done with ccnp...but I don't work on networking every day so I pretty much put the thought of getting a CCIE out of my head. No way I could pass that lab without having a job requiring daily interaction with the equipment.

prepare/read/practice taking CCIE Lab Exam in Routing & Switching more and more and more

Back