Catalyst overdrive & dual monitor flicker

ColdCrow

Limp Gawd
If I enable overdrive from catalyst control center, I get flickering on my secondary monitor. The flicker is generally horizontal and will not go away with resolution/refresh rate/color depth changes. Moving a window around the #1 and #2 desktop makes the flicker worse. the flicker is generally present on whatever monitor is set up as the secondary. The primary monitor will remain flicker free. or if it does flicker it is very minimal. Suggestions?

idk, but I sometimes get a flicker on my task bar sometimes... just on the left and the right. never the center.

ATI Overdrive is broken in Catalyst 10.12. If you enable it, the drivers set your 2D idle clockspeeds too low, causing secondary display heads to flicker.

Either don't overclock, or use Catalyst 10.10e which has working Overdrive.

ATI Overdrive is broken in Catalyst 10.12. If you enable it, the drivers set your 2D idle clockspeeds too low, causing secondary display heads to flicker.

Thanks for this info.:D

Why do these guys (AMD) continue to release shit that doesn't work right?:eek:

Wasn't one of the big deals in the 10.12 release to show off the new CCC?

Doesn't make any sense.

Why do these guys (AMD) continue to release shit that doesn't work right?:eek:

Wasn't one of the big deals in the 10.12 release to show off the new CCC?

Doesn't make any sense.

CCC is horrible, any third party drivers that are better? I remember the omega drivers back in the day.

This has been a problem for almost over a year. they fixed it back in 10-8 or maybe 10-6 then broke it again after 10.10 or so.

latest 11-2's are doing it too!

I'm using MSI afterburner to OC and I get flicker. fucking annoying.

Back