Case suggestion needed for new build

paco

Gawd
I haven't bought a case in 10+ years and I'm going nuts on the options right now. Here's what I'll be putting in it and what I need out of it...
*Standard air/fan cooling. Not overclocking.
*Don't need RGB or even a window. The look means almost nothing to me. I don't care if I see my parts inside. More concerned with noise and proper airflow.
Ryzen 5 7600x
Gigabyte B650 AuRUS Elite AX ATX AM5
Peerless assassin 120 SE
Corsair RM850x
RX580 - This will get upgraded at some point so know I'll need room for a longer card.
*Need room for 2x 3.5 inch drives and 2x 2.5 inch drives. But also don't want it to be massive.
*Would like USB & USB C ports on front IO.
Is there anything worth it for under $100? I know that's the big thing. I miss the days of buying $25-40 cases. Looking at Corsair 4000D and be quiet 500DX as 2 options.

So, simple/not fancy, quiet, good airflow, fits my stuff, won't cost a fortune. Appreciate any opinions.

Took a quick gander at what's out there, and I think it'd be hard to beat that Corsair 4000D at its pricepoint.

Lots of decent choices in the sub$100 mid towers surprisingly.

Don’t sleep on Fractal now.. Some zero RGB and even no TG which I despise personally.

Attachments

• IMG_5457.jpeg
    IMG_5457.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5456.jpeg
    IMG_5456.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the suggestions. After looking a bit more, I think I am going to go with the Corsair 4000D. Plus my local Best Buy has one in stock, so I can just go pick it up today.

I've seen them on display at MC and the 4000D seems well built and probably the best all arounder feature wise for the money. Post a build shot when you are up and running.

I've seen them on display at MC and the 4000D seems well built and probably the best all arounder feature wise for the money. Post a build shot when you are up and running.
20230721_204909.jpg

Super clean. My rx580 kinda fugs it up a bit. Installed everything in the case easy. Only thing I need to added are some sata drives.

Got Windows installed and it bricked while installing some updates. So starting over again. Walked away, not sure what happened. Fingers crossed it won't do it again.

View attachment 584902
Super clean. My rx580 kinda fugs it up a bit. Installed everything in the case easy. Only thing I need to added are some sata drives.

Got Windows installed and it bricked while installing some updates. So starting over again. Walked away, not sure what happened. Fingers crossed it won't do it again.
IF it keeps bricking itself suspect RAM, first.

IF it keeps bricking itself suspect RAM, first.
Seemed to be more an issue with activating windows. Fresh install and all going well now.

Can't wait to finish setting this up and load some games! Glad I finally pulled the trigger and replaced my 10 year old system.

Next steps are upgrade the rx580 and a new monitor. But will have to wait a while on those.

Back