cant seem to fix F@H help please

Thor

2[H]4U
well guys.... i might have to stop folding on my main box... i dunno why... but for some reason it will download a new WU and the wu will make it to 2% then fail (some times 2% some times sooner... sometimes 5% ) im running at the oc i have always ran at... acctually i have dropped it off some becuase i thought that might have been what caused it... i was tweaking in the bios one day and it happened to be the day this problem started... the next day i decided to upgrade to the 4.0 c ore they just released and it still dose it... every thing else is working file (except some wierd problem when i try to run 3d mark2k1... but i think that is a driver thing) the only other thing that has changed is i got road runner... but it seems to not be the problem.... rig is in sig (and no i havent uninstalled my 56k modem yet... the drivers are stilll sitting there so that shouldnt be the issue eather, as it downloads them just fine...) it has been better than 2 weeks now... and i could have turned in many wu as the box is now on 24/7 now with cable

im gonna get prime95 now and see where i end up with that

any insite please?

thore

ps. i have ran avg and spy bot s&d AND adaware just to be shure

Don't know what you "tweaked" but I know mem timings can be too aggressive...that will not help. Double check your vcore..might have to bump it a tad, I've had to do that myself. Also, if you can try bumping your ram voltage a notch.

Another simple trick, delete everything, make a new folder for folding, start over. Can't tell you why, but that seems to work a good deal of the time.

Without more detail those are a few suggestions you might want to try. I know I updated the bios on an EPOX board and had major grief, had to flash it back. Now it works fine.

Good luck

BillR

You may just coincidentally be seeing the AMD SSE lockup problem on your machine (if you're saying that it is locking up). I am sometimes able to restart the client a few times and it will get by it. If you don't want to wait or possibly waste time to do that, you can delete that WU (just delete the work directory) and get another one or you can not use the -forceSSE flag if you're using it with the 4.0 client. If it is the SSE lockup bug, you may run into the problem on the next WU if it's from the same batch, so keep an eye on it for a while to be sure.

ok... been running prime for 2.5 hours now with no lock ups/failers

/edit it isnt locking up... the wu's get to 2-5% then it downloads a new wu i never see a "failed" message as it where it's like it just dumps and gets a new one...

it isnt the forcesse bug becuase i dont use it...

as for ram timeings i put them back where they where befor the problem started and actually lowered the ram clock speed buy 2 mhz (4 ddr) just to be shure it wasnt that... i was hopeing yeald a littel better speed outta this rig becuas it seemed like wu's where takeing to long i was going for 2.2 ghz but seem to be stuck at 2.08 atm (and currently running at 1983 (did a multi change as well to see if my oc was what was causeing it...

in 3.x it ran fine at 2.08 never failed, untill i just messed with it 2 weeks ago then i decided to do the upgrade to 4.0

the bios (rev.1006) has been the same for better than 4 mounths and has never given me trouble..

im gonna try the new install dir now (i dont know why i didnt think of that befor)

thore

I would run Memtest86 to check for memory errors.
http://www.memtest86.com/

But first, since you have an nForce2 board you might want to try running tRAS at 10 or 11.
http://www.geekextreme.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=30

ChelseaOilman
400000.gif

Back