Cant get PDA to connect to wierless network.

RAVAGE214

n00b
There is a wierless network at my school and i have a Dell AXIM 3i hand held. with intigrated wierless internet. I have all the adapters set to auto configure and i talked ot teh tech guy and he said the server automaticly assigns ips so im not really shure waht to do to make it wwork, id really apriciate any help here, i might cal dell soon, but im dreading the call.

I don't quite follow the question and that answer is nothing short of useless.

At my school you have to have your unit registered (they use the mac address just to keep systems straight) and then when you connect to the network you're given an IP. Perhaps your school is similar?

I have both a laptop and a Tungsten C that I use on the wifi at school (and my apartment off campus) and my roommate has a laptop and the dell as well and once registered going on campus and getting access is seamless. I'm sure there's something similar to that at your school.

If you can use those skills you're learning at school, put them to making your question a little more clear and let us know what kind of process you need to go through to register a device on their network, if you know. I'm sure somewhere on the schools website it would tell you.

pda_01.jpg

Morph is correct.

I am getting that same unit the 3xi just ordered it today from dell with NDA shipping so hopfully will be here tommorrow and I have wifi in my house I didn't read you whole post but I will check it out on my network and let you know if i find out anything

Turn on Wifi then when it discovers a network choose “connects to Work” if you already have the connection setup go into Settings, connections, connections, advanced, Network card. Tap on your network, and choose “Connects to Work”. Tap OK. Tap OK again. Now tap Select Networks. In both drop downs choose “My Work Network”. Now tap edit, proxy settings, and tap the check box for “This network connects to the Internet”. Tap OK.

If there is no WEP key needed, this should get you surfing.

Back