Cant connect to Xbox live

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey [H]ard freaks,

So currently I went out and picked up myself a Xbox 360 (finally) I hooked everything up and tried to connect to xbox live. It went through all the network test settings and would fail at the IP Address. I was talking with one of my friends who has an xbox and he said that I need to open up a port on my computer inorder to get it to work with the way my set up is.

Currently my computer is running Wifi wireless. I have plugged my xbox into my PC with a direct connect (Cat 5)

This is how my setup at home looks
connectionti3.jpg

is it possible for me to keep this setup and get my xbox live to work? If so how would I go about doing this... I have checked the Xbox site and I just got lost when looking for this ><

Thanks in advance

You'll need a crossover cable to connect it directly to the PC. Afterwards you would probably have to setup internet sharing on the pc it's connected to, but I don't have any direct instructions on how to do so.

Lol, You aren't suppose to connect your Xbox to your PC. Your suppose to take the CAT 5 wire from the router or modem and connect to the 360 and the other end should be in the router or modem.

Lol, You aren't suppose to connect your Xbox to your PC. Your suppose to take the CAT 5 wire from the router or modem and connect to the 360 and the other end should be in the router or modem.

Dont "lol" at him. Like the poster above said, the way the OP has it configured can yield a connection provided internet sharing is configured correctly in XP. I don't have much experience with it myself, but I found an article on the Xbox website which describes it well: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/windowsics.htm

Back