Can't connect to physical network

Superfly3176

Supreme [H]ardness
Hope this is the right section.

My girlfriend has an acer aspireone netbook. Windows xp operating system. One day a few weeks ago it disconnected from the internet and is now showing no network plugged in. The network/internet works fine on the Wii streaming netflix.

I took the laptop to her moms and plugged it in. It got right on the internet. Since then I've tried going back to an old system restore point, tried disabling/enabling the network adapter, have tried creating a new network and nothing has work.

Any ideas?

Device can connect to wireless hotspots. I brought it home but I'm at work now so I'm going to try to play with it tonight. She doesn't have wireless at her apartment and the hotspot we can get is "very low" so it won't get on the net anyhow.

Hope this is the right section.

My girlfriend has an acer aspireone netbook. Windows xp operating system. One day a few weeks ago it disconnected from the internet and is now showing no network plugged in. The network/internet works fine on the Wii streaming netflix.

I took the laptop to her moms and plugged it in. It got right on the internet. Since then I've tried going back to an old system restore point, tried disabling/enabling the network adapter, have tried creating a new network and nothing has work.

Any ideas?

sounds like a dead cable :)

Definitely sounds like a broken or disconnected cable.

My thoughts too, but he said he took it else where and it works there with the Ethernet..

My first guess would be to try new cable. I was once on a install, for bell using the provided cables one worked one didn't i tested it with my fluke network tester and it passed 100% but it wouldn't work in the network. Tried a spare one that i had, on the fluke it passed 100% then used it in the network an it worked perfectly.

gotsmeee!

Back