Cannot boot SCSI from AMI (P4C800-E)

allan_leung

Weaksauce
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem: Cannot find any bootable devices.

I just upgraded from a P3 (P3V4X / Phoenix Bios) to a P4 (P4C800-E / AMI), but apparently I do not see there is a choice of "Boot from other devices (eg. scsi)" in AMI as it appared in Phoenix (AMI does not have it). I was just wondering if its just AMI not supporting 3rd party SCSI RAID, my RAID problem, or do I just not know how to configure it

If you have a working RAID using AMI or using P4C800, could you kindly tell me how did you configure your boot priority (the two boot choices you only have). Thanks so much

Config.
P4 3.0G HT
Geil PC3200
Mylex RAID 170 with 3 drives @ RAID 5 (updated bios)
Asus P4C800-E (updated bios)

WinXP SP1 (in the drive from P3)

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem: Cannot find any bootable devices.

I just upgraded from a P3 (P3V4X / Phoenix Bios) to a P4 (P4C800-E / AMI), but apparently I do not see there is a choice of "Boot from other devices (eg. scsi)" in AMI as it appared in Phoenix (AMI does not have it). I was just wondering if its just AMI not supporting 3rd party SCSI RAID, my RAID problem, or do I just not know how to configure it

If you have a working RAID using AMI or using P4C800, could you kindly tell me how did you configure your boot priority (the two boot choices you only have). Thanks so much

Config.
P4 3.0G HT
Geil PC3200
Mylex RAID 170 with 3 drives @ RAID 5 (updated bios)
Asus P4C800-E (updated bios)

WinXP SP1 (in the drive from P3)

Im lookin :p

and cross posting is a no no
doesnt gain anything anyway, it will eventually get moved here (generally sooner than later) I merged the thread I assumed was relocated from General Hardware

well, I have an AMI BIOS on my Tyan K8W
but
that is a substantially different chipset, and hense BIOS

do you have Advanced Menu > Device & PCI Slots Configuration?

where you enable\disable devices on a slot by slot basis?

this is the same thing that's bothering me [I've got P4C800 deluxe, adaptec asc 29320-R, seagate cheetah 15.3k and seagete cheetah 10.6k hdd]...

I've managed to boot scsi with windows xp [sp 1 integrated] and fresh set of adaptec asc 29320 drivers, but I was unsuccesful with win 2000k professional and server.

today I tried with windows 2000 professional service pack 4 integrated - again blue screen with inaccessible_boot_device

anyone knows solution for this???

Back