Can You VR On A Laptop?

Nice write up. Not exacty surprised that a $1300 laptop does vr better than a $700 desktop, though.

I'm using an Aorus X7 v6 http://www.aorus.com/Product/Features/X7 v6 with a 1070 in it. Runs VR like a champ, no issues whatsoever using both Occulus and HTC Vive.
I would say by far after spending an hour in Valkrie no matter how solid the frame rate is, coming out and back into the real world is going to make you sick because you get acclimated to a zero horizon environment.

Outside of that, its fun, but still work to be done in general.

Nice write up. Not exacty surprised that a $1300 laptop does vr better than a $700 desktop, though.

If you watch the ZTS Video on page 5 you will see it all came down to interleaved reprojection VS asynchronous reprojection, I had to do all the tests and videos twice as the first round asynchronous reprojection was not working at all even with the right drivers. A clean install fixed it but I was not going to be able to justify the price at the start when i thought AR was working but it was not.

Stupid question but are the 1070/1080's in laptops a mobile version (less powerful) than their desktop equivalents?

Back