Can you use a Sonicwall TZ205 for anything?

Col_Temp

Weaksauce
I have an old working pull Sonciwall TZ205. These were very complex firewalls 10 years ago.
Never got around to using it for anything and its far enough out of date that I will likely not use it for anything. Plus I am wrapping up my IT business so it's taking up space now. Has the power cord with it.

I was hanging on to it to use for a trade-in credit but never ended up using it.
Would post to the FSFT forum but I don't seem to have access there anymore. Maybe as I have not been on the forums for several years with Covid and all the other things going on.

At this point, I would like to see it go to a home where someone can use it. Suggestions?

Detailed specs

I would just put it up for free on Craigslist / Facebook Marketplace or donate to a store like Goodwill or whatever. Realistically it will be hard to find someone who would actually use it actively in their network at this point in time.

I wouldn’t bother with anything like this. Not worth the hassle and time. You’d be better off buying something more modern or hell, even a use SFF PC with a 4-port NIC running something like pfSense or OPNSense.

Back