Can this cause a noise or a problem?

Dunno7

n00b
the 24 pin connector is not completely inserted into the mother board. I tried as much as I could and stopped. I was afraid I'd break the motherboard. Can this cause a noise from the PSU or any other problem? The PC runs fine apart from the noisy PSU. So Can this cause a noise or a problem?

You mean it doesn't click in? What's stopping it? How close is it to clicking in? less than 1 mm? If it's really close there probably won't be any measurable difference.
Electrical noise? probably not. If the connection is making poor contact (not saying it is) it may cause extra resistance at that connection point which means the components won't get as much current/voltage as they want and that contact will heat up more.

yep doesn't click in. I stopped it. hah. I pushed hard already and I afraid I was gonna damage the mobo. Yeah it's 1 mm

I'd check all the connectors for bent pins/sockets and maybe plastic debris in the sockets. As previously said, if it's not fully seated, there's a good chance one or more pins might not be making good contact which can lead to problems.

However, it shouldn't generate any noise. What kind of noise are you hearing?

Back