Can LCD TVs display non native resolution for PC use?

DG25

Gawd
I was thinking buying a LCD TV with a pc input, 720p, 1366 x 768 resolution, 16:9 and set it as my only LCD for PC. Can this LCDs display lower resolutions, like when you enter BIOS or when booting windows on PC? Can i use this type of LCD TV for daily PC use, without the need of a second pc monitor for when not in 1366 x 768 resolution?

Anyone?
Long story told short, can i use lower resolutions on a LCD TV, lower than 1366 x 768? Like 640x480 or anything between that and 1366 x 768? When connected to a PC video card.

Tried on mine and nope. Reverted to my dual screen setup again. Like having dual screens better anyway.

But to answer your question, not on my T.V.

Yes you can on most TVs. You just have to set it up properly .

However I would recommend you seriously look into a 1080P TV, like the westing houses and the sharp aquos series... theres two giant threads here on them..

I would not recommend the 720P display for the simple reason that is if you goto a 26-32 inch TV the resolution is going to be a little disappointing for extended use.. 1366x768 is alright for a second monitor on a large TV but its lacking unless you sit pretty far from it, then it makes reading things difficult.

Back