Can I play Oblivion?

BinaryCleric

Limp Gawd
I have been wanting to buy Oblivion since it came out but I am unsure if my computers will be able to run it. (Specs in sig) What does everyone else thing about this?

Cool that link totally locked up my FireFox. lol

I would say you can play it at low resoutions with low detail. You can play it!

1024x768 or lower with low to medium detail no AA/AF should work. It won't be pretty though :p

hmm... Makes me sad.

Curious, am I more CPU limited or GPU limited? (With the laptop that is, my desktop isn't used much anymore)

I would think a better video card would make a bigger difference than a better processor.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Cool that link totally locked up my FireFox. lol

That's weird - works fine on mine. Kind of a cool little utility that gamyspy has to determine if a certain game will run on your system.

Anyway yeah - you will be able to play it.

Wacky. I restarted FireFox and it worked fine this time. That's a cool little utility. :)

I've seen Oblivion on a XP2500/9800pro and at 800x600 medium quality with bloom it was
giving 40 fps indoors and 20 fps outside. That is definitely playable.

You'll be able to run it fine, and most likely at settings at least a little above the lowest. The trick is to optimize it by editing the INI files, and installing some of the mods that are available. Check www.tweakguides.com for some of the INI settings that help, and mods. You'll be able to run it well enough to enjoy it I'm pretty sure.

Back