Can I do anything to speed up my G4 4400?

LordJezo

Limp Gawd
I have an msi geforce 4 4400 pro with a 2100+ xp chip on an Asus a7a-266 motherboard with 512 megs of ram.

Everything is running the way it was bought.. no overclocking..

Is there anything I can do to speed up my system/videocard?

(i am an oc n00b)

I am running the newest nvidia drivers too.. no omega for me since he hasnt come out with new ones for the newest nvidia drivers.

Download the coolbits registry hack and then overclock it till you get arifacts.

what does that mean?
He means.....go to google and type in "coolbits", download it (its a registry tweak)......and when you go to your advanced video properties, there will be a selection of "clock frequencies". There should be a button for "auto detect"(depending on the driver version). This will be the starting point for o/c. Run a fav game or demo for a day to look for probs( random dots,lines, wrong colors, flashing areas of rendered objects, etc) You should only then start to up the settings by 3-5mhz at a time(start w/ the gpu clock-then the memory) testing between changes. Im pretty sure there is a DETAILED thread on this.....look around. This is only a quick look at the issue. Remember....heat is your enemy!

Good luck;)

theres overclocking and tweaks available for it

other than that I suggest an s3 virge with 1mb of RAM hehehehe

Just up the frequency of the core and ram until you "see" something that doesn't look right.

Then stop and back it off till you don't see graphical glitches anymore.

Go slow, and you will be fine.

Back