Can I be wireless with Shuttle?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
My next computer I was gonna get was a Shuttle and I was wondering if this could be wireless?...It's because my PCI slot will be a sound card so do I have to go wtih a USB adapter? Or is there something built in?

You will need to go with USB. as your slots will be full, although I thought the P4 model hard 2 PCI?

I have a Shuttle (SK41G) that is filled with two graphics cards (AGP and PCI, dual monitors are too much fun!).

I found this swanky USB Wireless Pen Style device that should be arriving any day now:

http://www.mrtechus.com/xtwiusbetadi.html

Seems like it should do the trick, be nice and compact and it will get thrown into one of the rear USB ports. Small footprint and all.. matches the Shuttle style.

I'll let you now how the quality of the device is in a few days when I get a chance to play around with it.

/edited for spelling mistakes/

This one comes with built in wireless LAN...If I bought this model as my Shuttle then no wireless ethernet addon will be needed right?

Originally posted by jamezzz122
This one comes with built in wireless LAN...If I bought this model as my Shuttle then no wireless ethernet addon will be needed right?

Yes. You should probably do a search for other user's experiences with that Shuttle model to see if there were any problems.

But if it works as advertised, you should be fine.

Shuttle sells a wireless card specifically for their cases. It mounts right above the power supply and feeds into one of the onboard internal USB ports.

Back