Can Genetic Engineering Bring Back Extinct Animals?

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Ah, resurrection science. I can’t wait until someone figures out how to clone a T-Rex so it can run through San Diego.

...we might have a passenger pigeon again in ten years. But there’s a whole other process of trying to figure out how you teach this animal to be a passenger pigeon. It’s not just DNA. There’s also animal culture and the relationship between ecology and species. And it’s far from clear that scientists understand how they could bring back those types of relationships.

oh absolutely

just recently a complete mitochondrial genome of the aurochs was reconstructed from a bone found in the UK. While the animal can not be cloned from this information at this time (it might be able to be in the future) it very much gives modern selective breeders a target to shoot for...and they are.

can we clone a couple of einsteins from his brain and make them work on a theory of everything in physics?

Do these people never watch Jurassic Park to know what happens when you do this?

You know the genetically modified dinosaurs from Jurassic park? Thanks to CRISPR technology. The Chickenosaurus is just around the corner. And you know that this means? Chickens with teeth, claws, and tails. Be afraid.

chickenosaurus.jpg

I could see a handful of controlled population mammoths in Siberia.
They have already found well preserved samples for DNA.

I'm pretty sure its moral grey area to resurrect an extinct species who's extinction had nothing to do with humans. Mammoths and many other examples of megafauna are pretty good candidates because we have pretty good evidence that it was Anatomically Modern Humans who hunted them to extinction. Dinosaurs? probably impossible, while at the same time unethical.

But damn it would be awesome to have a stegosaurus..

I'm pretty sure its moral grey area to resurrect an extinct species who's extinction had nothing to do with humans. Mammoths and many other examples of megafauna are pretty good candidates because we have pretty good evidence that it was Anatomically Modern Humans who hunted them to extinction. Dinosaurs? probably impossible, while at the same time unethical.

But damn it would be awesome to have a stegosaurus..

Please, man kind is in complete control of the Eco system. We got this shit down. We know what's the temperature SHOULD be, and we know how how the plants and animals should be. For god sakes we invented the nature preserve.

Look, I've watched a lot of CNN, NP, and CSPAN and I can tell you in a hundred years Mother Nature is gonna thank us for keeping her shit together, because it's obvious to 97% of all humans that she doesn't have a damn clue what she's doing.

Please, man kind is in complete control of the Eco system. We got this shit down. We know what's the temperature SHOULD be, and we know how how the plants and animals should be. For god sakes we invented the nature preserve.

Look, I've watched a lot of CNN, NP, and CSPAN and I can tell you in a hundred years Mother Nature is gonna thank us for keeping her shit together, because it's obvious to 97% of all humans that she doesn't have a damn clue what she's doing.

Humans will in a relatively short amount of time be able to genetically modify and control every species on earth. We already used CRISPR to break the reproductive cycle of Mosquitoes by 90% which is great for controlling malaria.

Wait till you see what we do with humans. Never aging, ever living humans, that are smarter than Einstein and stronger than Arnold Schwarzenegger, and they're very pretty too. Course we somehow have laws against designer babies already here in the US while China is already working on the Master Race.

Wait till you see what we do with humans. Never aging, ever living humans, that are smarter than Einstein and stronger than Arnold Schwarzenegger, and they're very pretty too. Course we somehow have laws against designer babies already here in the US while China is already working on the Master Race.

Who is going to be smarter - genetically enhanced humans or robot AI? We might need genetically enhanced humans to fight skynet :D

We will be able to reverse engineer something that looks like a dinosaur, but it won't be one. Without an actual dino DNA sample it`s all just guesses.

I recall hearing something about the discovery of a fully intact DNA sequence of a woolly mammoth. The question then arose of resurrecting the species.

I would second that.
When you consider that our genes show that our species has, at one time, been down to a population of less than 10,000, that is not a huge gene pool.

We could use the genetic boost.

And our gene pool started out with 2 people.

Then, when the flood happened, it was just one family - 8 people unless there were children as well.

The brow ridge on humans continues to grow throughout life. The assumption that the "scientific" community makes is that humans have never lived longer than they do now.

If you take the brow ridge growth into account, however, ancient skulls show that humans lived for hundreds of years.

And it is now theorized that a lack of oxygen is what helped kill off the dinosaurs. Some of them would have never been able to survive with oxygen levels in modern history.

This backs up the idea that the Earth used to be surrounded by a layer of water. This would have blocked UV and X-Rays and also made the planet have a very consistent temperature. It would have also caused a higher oxygen content in the air.

It has also been found that with higher oxygen levels, venomous snakes would not have been poisonous.

I love how "science" makes "discoveries" that continue to back up what the Bible says.

I recall hearing something about the discovery of a fully intact DNA sequence of a woolly mammoth. The question then arose of resurrecting the species.

Yep, they could probably do this fairly easily as there have been very well preserved Mammoths found that were frozen super fast (fresh food in their stomachs).

Then, when the flood happened, it was just one family - 8 people unless there were children as well.

The brow ridge on humans continues to grow throughout life. The assumption that the "scientific" community makes is that humans have never lived longer than they do now.

If you take the brow ridge growth into account, however, ancient skulls show that humans lived for hundreds of years.

And it is now theorized that a lack of oxygen is what helped kill off the dinosaurs. Some of them would have never been able to survive with oxygen levels in modern history.

This backs up the idea that the Earth used to be surrounded by a layer of water. This would have blocked UV and X-Rays and also made the planet have a very consistent temperature. It would have also caused a higher oxygen content in the air.

It has also been found that with higher oxygen levels, venomous snakes would not have been poisonous.

I love how "science" makes "discoveries" that continue to back up what the Bible says.

LOL What?

You're completely full of shit.

Appears we have a winner for the dumbest post of the year. Pack it up boys, you would have to be Ken ham to top this.

0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

Please link us to these peer reviewed articles.

Empirical science consistently rejects Bible "Science."

The Earth is not 6,000-10,000 years old.

There is no "intelligent design."

Earth was not "created" for human life.

Blood is not the source for life.

I could go on. Stop misleading people.

You do KNOW that you are a primate right?
I am not going to knock your paradigm but seriously, you must face facts about our green planet. Such as there are trees alive today that are older than fundamentalist Christianity would want to admit?

Great post. You are brave.
People these days generally accept that all science is infallible and cannot be denied.
I suspect that the scientific community throughout history has been manipulated to make the masses believe what they want people to think is true.

The fact that evolution supposedly takes millions of years would mean that there would be millions of years worth of transitional species of man, but the discoveries of so-called transitional species are scant.

We live by faith, and the atheistic masses rage at even the possibility that science could be wrong. Like science is the holy of holies. Even now we see how politics has engineered climate change (formally global warming) and any scientific contradictions are suppressed and ignored.

Rage on preprogrammed god haters, it will make you feel better about your empty futures.

Back