can anyone help me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbreaka

Gawd
Well yesterday I was hapily gaming on my new pooter, i left it on went to my GFs house. I came back to find it closing random windows, alot of my programs wouldnt load due to corruption etc, and then BSOD all over the place.

So I did the regular swapped my 2 ram sticks around, blah blah still no luck.

So I try to reformat, I get all the install part after the format, and it BSODS at random times during that...

So I think well have no fear xbreaka, you still have a old s754 rig under the desk, I try to fire that one up, and same thing happens, I had to use the ram from the new build in this one aswell. It POSTs fine, says memory testing is good, I start to load up windows it BSODS, saying IRQL, is adequete or some , then I try again and it says paging file error on drive without page, Hmm, I try and try, even once get into safemode for a couple seconds before it BSODs.

So sitting here with spilled beer cans, components all over ym office, I go dirtbiking hoping by the time I get back everything will have sorted itself out.

I return and it hasnt so I go to plan c, the 2000 gateway with 256mb of ram! w00t luckily my media drive still works so iv got all my pr0n, music, movies etc. But unfortunetly it was a stretch getting BF:v to run on this piece Eve ran, but barely it felt like i was taking a neverending shit while trying to play

The one wildcard in this whole gesture was the OS I used, normally I use a standard winxp home edition blah blah blah, but this time I decided to grab a windows xp version from the net, which claimed to be barely naked, meaning bull services, proggies were removed.

It ran fine for a day, but when I returned from my GFs it utterly its pants.

So my next move I guess will be to return my 160gb hd to bestbuy, and then buy new ram. Because either

a. the modified OS killed my ram and HD
b.the ram died on its own

Neways, I wont be doing anything for a bit, maybe 2 weeks or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back