Calling all MacBook users

Quiz

Gawd
When did you get your MacBook and what is your battery's health and charge cycle count? I received my MacBook on November 18, 2023 and have been using it plugged in 100% of the time. Optimized Battery Charging is enabled and in effect, limiting the charge to around 80%. All my charge cycles were from 80% to 100% and back down to 80% because, sometimes, the MacBook would start charging from the 80% limit to 100% when I restarted the laptop and then bringing it back down to 80%.

My charge cycle count is 7 and my battery's health is 100% as of now.

where do you find the cycle count? mine was purchased april '22, its at 94% health(m1 mba). i use a mix of on/off a/c, but mostly off. i dont use low power mode.
nm, found it, 128 cycles.

Last edited:
July 1992, but back then the were called "Powerbooks" :)

It ran very well until early 2007 as my road warrior companion, when things (battery, screen, nic) started dying rather quickly, so I moved on to the more modern MacBook Pro shortly after they came out !

July 1992, but back then the were called "Powerbooks" :)

It ran very well until early 2007 as my road warrior companion, when things (battery, screen, nic) started dying rather quickly, so I moved on to the more modern MacBook Pro shortly after they came out !
Cool story but how was the battery health? Even if they didn’t offer the same software metrics that they do now, what was your overall anecdotal experience with the battery ?

I have a M1 Pro 14 bought brand new. Goes to work with me everyday and is used off the charger for approx 4 hours daily before being charged. It does have battery charge optimization on.

I’ve been using it around a year. Battery health is 99% and cycle count is under 25.

Cool story but how was the battery health? Even if they didn’t offer the same software metrics that they do now, what was your overall anecdotal experience with the battery ?
While it was actively being used, the battery life was always excellent, it was only towards the end of 1000's & 1000's of charge cycles did it start to degrade. IIRC, when I got rid of it, the "health" indicator showed 68%, but again, that was after almost 15 years of near-constant use, both on & off the cord....

What kind of MacBook? I have the M1 Air from 2020. 475 cycles, 79.1% health. I'm probably going to have Apple replace the battery soon.

While it was actively being used, the battery life was always excellent, it was only towards the end of 1000's & 1000's of charge cycles did it start to degrade. IIRC, when I got rid of it, the "health" indicator showed 68%, but again, that was after almost 15 years of near-constant use, both on & off the cord....
That’s awesome!

Received 6/24/22, 54 cycles, 88% maximum capacity. This is the M1 MacBook Pro 16”

Back