CALLING ALL [H] Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a frigging FORUM for this. :rolleyes: And, uh, this information is stickied in said forum.

Originally posted by ’m‚³‚ñ
There is a frigging FORUM for this. :rolleyes: And, uh, this information is stickied in said forum.

most people dont go there, this is a way to get there attention, got mine...

Originally posted by mpcamer1220
most people dont go there, this is a way to get there attention, got mine...

That is true. And, I did see a 'lets get some new blood' thread in said forum. :p

I suppose I shouldn't have been so anal in my last post. ;)

lol, this stuff takes forever though, im on the third one and i started around 7-8 friday night :eek:

Originally posted by ’m‚³‚ñ

Eh... you don't recruit in a forum where everyone there already does it...

just talked to the powers at be at my job (engineering computer labs at college)

:( they said no without even batting an eye. it doesn't "jive with [their] mission"

which is a complete utter shame...even if they only did it when the labs were closed so people wouldn't feel they were getting "cheated out of cpu power" or something (yes they are stupid enough to think that)...that is still a ridiculous amount of computing power.

3 windows computer labs= at least 100 computers, all over the 2ghz mark.
2 linux labs= maybe 50 computers, all over the 2ghz mark.
3-4 sun labs= don't think they could be used, unless the linux client works on sun/unix machines as well.

honestly, I wish these people were a little more open minded.

are you allowed to run as many instinces of this program and register with the same usename so you can get more WU? like say i have 50 computers and i register them all with my username (klowngoblin) and let them all run 24/7 does this mean that i will get 50 times more WU than if i register with 1?

we got pwned by google,

Rank Team Team Name Score WU Count

1 446 Google 71842582.3 2893899
they are at the top

Originally posted by klowngoblin
are you allowed to run as many instinces of this program and register with the same usename so you can get more WU? like say i have 50 computers and i register them all with my username (klowngoblin) and let them all run 24/7 does this mean that i will get 50 times more WU than if i register with 1?

Yes, absolutely :)

I have over 50 computers folding for me.

i need some major help, im behind a university firewall with the windows xp client and cannot get it to get any work. all is says is cannot get work. please help

As the father of a brain cancer survivor, I'm super interested in this. I'm putting a system together right now.....it'll be dedicated to folding 24/7 when ready. I'm also changing my network around to let it on-line continuously(also gotta pick up a kvm switch). Every little bit helps.

Originally posted by alexoprice
i need some major help, im behind a university firewall with the windows xp client and cannot get it to get any work. all is says is cannot get work. please help

Find an HTTP proxy.

Originally posted by klowngoblin

The answer is yes.

Just give each machine a different ID. Although, I think that only matters on dual processor machines.

Yep. If you install on multiple machines with single processors you don't need to worry about machine ID.
Just be sure you spell you name the same each time and be sure to set Team=33, of course.

100000.gif
50000.gif

Originally posted by Celerator
Yep. If you install on multiple machines with single processors you don't need to worry about machine ID.
Just be sure you spell you name the same each time and be sure to set Team=33, of course.

100000.gif
50000.gif

You can change your machine ID after each WU if you want to increase the number of 'active CPU's' on your stats page. ;)

super installers are in the Hardforum Distributed Computing FAQ... you can send the installer to a friend, (after CAREFULLY modding the config file) and have them run it... super easy, and then it dissappears, while adding points to your score, our team, and fighting illness. Not a bad deal.

Bump yet again, we might soon drop to 3'rd place in production! :eek: :eek: :eek:

FOLD ON!!!

im in, 3 cpu's(soon to be 4, im almost getting a brand new pc just to fold :p) and after a few days im at 7 wu's, at around 2600 on the teem

Im not looking thru 13 pages to find the answer to my question =P but does this open any holes in my firewalls that can be exploited and i saw one post that says it takes 100% of his cpu...all the time, when im idle, when i start the program, or what? Im defintley interested in helping

it doesnt open holes in firewals, but if your running nortan internet sacurity than youl have to give it acses to the net. and their are 2 ansers to you second question. you can set it to use whatever % of the cpu you want(its best to let it run at 100% though) if your worried about heat. it is atomatically set to lowest priority, so any program you use takes pritority over fah, and fah uses whats left

Actually this is sort of a recruitment thread not a Q&A, so your answer isn't in this thread, but you will find all of your answers at the source :)

Originally posted by CoolEthan
Im not looking thru 13 pages to find the answer to my question =P but does this open any holes in my firewalls that can be exploited and i saw one post that says it takes 100% of his cpu...all the time, when im idle, when i start the program, or what? Im defintley interested in helping

Originally posted by MajorDomo
Actually this is sort of a recruitment thread not a Q&A, so your answer isn't in this thread, but you will find all of your answers at the source :)
Bah, it's turned into a recruitment/FAQ thread. I'm sure no one really minds ;)

FOLD ON!!!

***EDIT***
This thread was getting to cumbersome to be effective. A new recruiting thread will be started. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back