Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III (2023)

downloading now 60 GB :)
PC specs say up to 213GB is needed when both the SP and MP components are installed. If preloading on Steam the downloaded files are compressed and encrypted, so it will be bigger on disk once unlocked.

Reactions: hu76
like this
PC specs say up to 213GB is needed when both the SP and MP components are installed. If preloading on Steam the downloaded files are compressed and encrypted, so it will be bigger on disk once unlocked.
so i downloaded 60 gb . but when early access campaign appear tommorow , then again download 100gb?

so i downloaded 60 gb . but when early access campaign appear tommorow , then again download 100gb?
Early access is campaign only, as far as I'm aware. The extra space the specs reference is most likely multiplayer and Warzone 3.0.

Ah yeah i see 50gb update lol . Ok time to download i guess its campaign. Cant wait for play campaign.

Last edited:
Posted: Oct 28, 2022 @ 9:58pm
Updated: Nov 7, 2022 @ 2:31am

Pre ordered Vault edition. Downloaded early access for campaign. Played for 2 1/2 hours and the game crashed. Rebooted. ACCOUNT PERMANENTLY BANNED... Excuse me? Contacted Blizzard. Sent me to Activision. Repealed the ban to Activison. Denied for " Unauthorized use of software" and it is a PERMANENT ACTIVISION BAN. I've never cheated & I wouldn't even know how to... I have no access to anything now...Oh and they also gladly took my $100 dollars that is non refundable after 2 hours of gameplay. Imagine that. The game is bugged, the servers are awful, and they have no care for their customers.

11/6/2022 Update: This thread is amazing. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Thank you for taking the time to comment. The COD community is hilarious. So let me fill everyone in on what happened and what I have discovered. I originally purchased the game on battle.net which is when the inital perm ban occured. I left the review on here first because it's the only place to do so. I reached out to Activision numerous times and had 0 luck. No information. You can't even talk to a person who works there. When I repealed the ban it was instantly revoked and I received an automated response. Once the Ban is enforced it is permanent and there is nothing you can do about it. I requested a refund and was denied as well because on the battle.net servers I had logged over 2 hours of gameplay (OBVIOUSLY ONLY CAMPAIGN SINCE IT WAS EARLY ACCESS) Also this is why Blizzard was contacted because the link under the account ban takes you to Blizzard. I was mad, but wanted to play the campaign so I purchased the game a second time on steam and created a new Activision account. I know steam is great with refunds if you haven't played 2+ hours (hence why 1.7 hours is logged) It banned me right at 1.7 hours. So now I know that it was a hardware ban. Insane. I requested a refund from Steam and instantly got it back. Whatever, I tried. So after all of this is said and done, 3 weeks later I wake up and decide to re download battle.net and check my account status.....UNBANNED....like nothing ever happened. I have no idea what happened. I saw this thread blowing up and read through all the comments. I checked every program that is installed on my PC that is constantly running in my background task manager. The only one that I read about that could potentially cause these issues was my CORSAIR ICUE 4 SOFTWARE which is literally the app that makes my RAM sticks the color RED LOL So I uninstalled it to be safe. So now I'm back to playing.... what a headache. So I will never know why it happened...but after 3 ish weeks, it disappeared. So for those of you that are dealing with the same issue that really aren't cheaters and didn't do anything wrong I hope this thread helps. Activision won't take responsibility for the fact their anti cheat software is trash and it can't tell the difference between regular software and malicious software (if that really was the issue) Thanks again to those of you with intelligence and actual input who commented.
Was this review helpful?
Yes

No

Funny

Award

I see they still haven't fixed the Shadowban Bug or Perma Ban bug that was one of the reasons I never played MP too much afraid of getting banned with MW2.

Cant access to campaign after some 4 restarts game and shader compiling. INFO: Servers are paused and not working currently. I cant play . lol. how long to wait?

Fucking no savegame open world war zone map type bullshit now in SP? I don’t like it as this was supposed to continue to be a tight game. Also open world map without silenced weapons until you find them. Trying too hard to increase longevity of the game.

I don’t like it. COD SP was enjoyable due to set pieces but now this is like trying to play war zone alone. 🙄

I'm enjoying the campaign so far. Doesn't seem like it will be that long though.

IMG_5718.png

i haven't enjoyed a CoD campaign since the very first game and the original MW, other than that i've been hoping they would eventually expand into more freeform open world (or at least semi open world) gameplay to open up tactical options and stuff. now they release MW3 campaign which completely fucks up that concept and people are going to shit on the idea for decades, ensuring CoD never grows beyond scripted setpiece moments. gg sledgehammer

I learned my lesson with MW2. Only reason I bought that one was because I enjoyed 2019 so much, and hoped there would be some similarities to the original MW2. I don't see this series doing anything other than devolving even further for the rest of time.

I learned my lesson with MW2. Only reason I bought that one was because I enjoyed 2019 so much, and hoped there would be some similarities to the original MW2. I don't see this series doing anything other than devolving even further for the rest of time.

2019 showed Infinity War cared, they tried to increase the immersive realism as much a possible. The gun sounds, affects, animations, smoke and whatnot. MW2 was similar but with some missteps and massive graphical issues at launch. The average CoD player seemingly raged at this, so they went backwards. Recoilless guns, reduced weapon smoke, more cosmetics, reload cancelling and whatnot. The average gamer and Streamer-bro couldn't handle the concept that if you keep getting killed while reloading, reload less frequently, or move behind cover and then reload. I also find it funny that weapon smoke was a problem as "it made it hard to see", but not semi translucent skeleton characters. Streamer-bros just want to keep the game the same so they can keep playing the same thing without relearning and invent issues to talk about so they can make 15 videos about how horrible the gun smoke was in MW2. I guess they want the Counter Strike affect, where the game changes little.

i haven't enjoyed a CoD campaign since the very first game and the original MW, other than that i've been hoping they would eventually expand into more freeform open world (or at least semi open world) gameplay to open up tactical options and stuff. now they release MW3 campaign which completely fucks up that concept and people are going to shit on the idea for decades, ensuring CoD never grows beyond scripted setpiece moments. gg sledgehammer

Open world would be awful. But they could have opened up the game a bit more so it wasn't completely linear. Though I'd prefer linear to MP game modes with some voice overs. MW2's campaign did this slightly, some missions gave you some options. The problem is the game was broken at launch, and one of the missions is essentially you sneaking around to craft things which is dull. Even the ending mission was essentially you sneaking around to craft things, which is lazy.

It seems like companies cannot figure out how to make a good FPS game. It is either 100% linear or is a crafting E button holding simulator.

2019 showed Infinity War cared, they tried to increase the immersive realism as much a possible. The gun sounds, affects, animations, smoke and whatnot. MW2 was similar but with some missteps and massive graphical issues at launch. The average CoD player seemingly raged at this, so they went backwards. Recoilless guns, reduced weapon smoke, more cosmetics, reload cancelling and whatnot. The average gamer and Streamer-bro couldn't handle the concept that if you keep getting killed while reloading, reload less frequently, or move behind cover and then reload. I also find it funny that weapon smoke was a problem as "it made it hard to see", but not semi translucent skeleton characters. Streamer-bros just want to keep the game the same so they can keep playing the same thing without relearning and invent issues to talk about so they can make 15 videos about how horrible the gun smoke was in MW2. I guess they want the Counter Strike affect, where the game changes little.
Have you seen the "Groot" skin yet?

COD is becoming Madden essentially.

Actually had a customer bug me to open the case for him last night for COD MW III. Didn't have keys sicked my bad boss on him shows up like 8 minutes later.
They have PS5 slims in the open at our store now.....

I played MP for a couple hours last night (I don't care about the campaign) and I gotta say I'm liking it. I don't have a very in depth opinion of it yet but it seems to run good, it looks really good and I think the movement and gun play are better than MW2.... I like the atmosphere these maps have too. I know that's very subjective and it's why I liked Vanguard where a lot of people didn't but I think they did a good job here. I only get a few days a week to play but I'm looking forward to it. I honestly don't have any complaints at this point.

MP is absolutely fine. Probably of all the garbage games available to play (Alan Wake 2, Robocop, COD SP, Forza) it is the best time right now.

Took a break from Apex for about a month to level my MW2 guns.

Now im really enjoying the dmz style zombies mode

nope, it wouldn't be awful. it's almost 2024, i think we can grow beyond the boomer mindset of "open world is bad mmkay"

Open world just makes the game less interesting. Either you have to walk for a few hours or hop on a plane for a 12 hour interactive cutscene to move to a new location. In either case, that is boring. Which is why most open world games tend to be lame and uninteresting, even after artificially compressing the world. The most iconic scenes and levels in games aren't from open world games.

Funny stuff comparing to COD Vanguard guy was shooting at the Headlight of that Jeep then it just swerved him.

Vanguard was better than this trash. At least Vanguard had a decently cool single player with graphics that pushed systems, and I honestly enjoyed the multiplayer in vanguard even with all of the issues the game had.

This game is pretty garbage. It's up there for sure with Black Ops 4 in terms of worst CoD's (Which was a similar low effort production at full price).

Back