Cable Signal Boosting for Net/TV Tuner Purposes

BoomerX01

Limp Gawd
Search function is down right now so sorry if this is a repost.

I have a Leadtek Winfast 2000xp TV tuner card and I am trying to get the reciption up on it. Currently my line is split between cable modem, tv, and my TV tuner card. I bought a radio shack 2way splitter that is for Digital Satellites, its rated at 40-2150mhz, up from the stock 5-1000mhz.

It has helped, but some what about a Signal Amplifier or something, the lower channels have awful reception. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!!

well, umm.. i'm not sure how a 40Mhz + splitter is better than a 5 Mhz splitter. How does that work? Your lower channels are probably getting messed up by the 35Mhz that the 40+ doesn't cover too well.

had a problem like that when we ran cable to the upstairs bedrooms in my house. We bought a 4 way splitter/amplifier for like 30 bucks from lowes. You can get a straight amplifier for like 20. It helped a lot with the reception, as in we could actually have two tvs on at the same time and get reception. Radio Shack would have something like that I think. Not to sure on that though.

I bought a 1>2 splitter & amplifier in one from best buy for about $16

Originally posted by BoomerX01
How did that work EnderW? Fix your cable problem?
Well I didn't have a problem to begin with, because I only had the TV hooked up.

But when I got my AIW card I needed to split it and I figured an amplified splitter wouldn't hurt.

Some of the channels are quite as clear as they were before I put the splitter in, but it's a pretty small difference. I really don't even notice it anymore.

However, whenever I unlpug the amplifier, everything looks like total shit. I don't know if that's because the splitter doesn't work correctly without having the amp or if that's how bad it would look if I used a plain splitter.

Either way, I was able to split my cable and keep 97% of the picture quality.

BTW, I forgot, it's actually a 1>4 splitter and it's by Recoton.

Back