C# Question

murph

Limp Gawd
Can someone explain this code snippet a little more for me:
Code:
bytKey = new byte[] {0xE1,0xEC,0x3A,0x9C,0xA1,0x28,0x74,0x8A,0x33,0x7B,0x92,0xDF,0x10,0x13,0xA8,0xB1,0x53,0x79,0xF5,0x7C};

Obviously its declaring a byte array, but what significance do the hex values have? This is a snippet from a password recovery application, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to say, but your going to have to ask the original programmer I think. Also some more information would be nice, and then some one might be able to get an idea, but as it stands we don't really know what this is supposed to be recovering a password from.

Xipher said:
Sorry to say, but your going to have to ask the original programmer I think. Also some more information would be nice, and then some one might be able to get an idea, but as it stands we don't really know what this is supposed to be recovering a password from.

Well, I think I answered my own question. Its from a recovery program for MS Access passwords. I see now that all of the hex values translate into something in the ASCII table or extended ASCII, but do you have any idea why these certain values would be in the this array? This is the "key" array for an access 2000 or higher password. If the database is Office 97, it uses as different key array of:
Code:
bytKey = new byte[] {0x86,0xFB,0xEC,0x37,0x5D,0x44,0x9C,0xFA,0xC6,0x5E,0x28,0xE6,0x13};

Any ideas ?

I would guess that the values are used later in the code to encrypt (or decrypt?) the password.

Back