bykski products

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
I am mulling over the idea to move back into a Custom W/Cing loop but man things have gotten expensive. Looking on ALiExpress they seems to have some quality parts at affordable prices. Anyone have any experience with the company. Looks like I can get a full system with CPU, GPU full cover block, 120mm rad and 280 rad with pump/res combo and mis compression fittings for 250$ shipped.

Nothing wrong with bytski, they are a major watercooling company in China. However most of their res/pump combos are aluminum, so make sure your loop metals are compatible.

Nothing wrong with bytski, they are a major watercooling company in China. However most of their res/pump combos are aluminum, so make sure your loop metals are compatible.
hum... Rads and blocks would be copper... Additives would only pro-long the issue correct?

Last edited:
Who makes the best bang for you buck DDC Res/pump combo with the Derlin tops?

you can run a non-water (or very little water) based system basically indefinitely....or at the very least, long enough to outlive the pump and/or socket the block was designed for.

Also, you can further mitigate issues by using nickel plating - which inhibits the deposition phase that is required to precede the galvanic corrosion in water loops, since nickel does not absorb into the water as freely as copper.

Also, you could isolate the chassis ground from your radiator and any other part in direct contact with your liquid. This should arrest galvanic corrosion - which requires a current flow. Which is why it requires that deposition dissolving phase first to occur in the liquid and for something like the radiator to be making contact with the chassis. However, even with this, regular corrosion can occur.

I just stick to anti-freeze. Works with minimal impact to absolute cooling performance and basically guarantees everything comes out looking like new years later. Just has to be fully sealed to avoid making everything smell like anti-freeze. :)

well, most high end pumps dont contain any metal on liquid contact. They have ceramic impeller shafts and everything else is plastic.

non-aluminum refers to copper, nickel, brass... which are all common metals used as an alternative to copper (since copper is relatively expensive). They also all happen to be close to copper on the galvanic scale, so they will have reactions with aluminum if given the opportunity.

Lots of performance radiators use brass instead of copper. Lots of water blocks these days nickel plate the copper. Many types of pumps have a stainless steel impeller shaft (which is nickel+iron)...

Last edited:
there's no real reason for a reservoir to even have metal though, so you'd be going out of your way to complicate your system for no benefit other than looks. Powder coated or not, that will be a concern not for that pump, but for the water block and potentially the radiator.

edit:
oh the pump is part of it That's kinda disappointing. They married a metal agnostic pump to a part that is definitely going to nullify that feature by definitely putting metal in contact with the water.

what's weird is if you look at their product pages, it looks like you could buy the D5 pump which has no metal in contact with the water, and buy a reservoir which also has no metal in contact with the water and connect them together in much of the same way that these D5 + res setups are ...but none of the combined products give you that setup.

Last edited:
Well for 300$ I get a full coverage GPU block, there basic am4 with led block, all compression fittings, there slim copper rads a single 120 and 1 280 and their 10-15 watt ddc plus res combo. Just debating do I really need this. I could just order the accero III extreme for 50$ and call it good ...

mixed metal can work just fine. You just can't make the mistake of using plain old water or not understanding that inhibitors have a lifespan. Even anti-freeze's inhibitors have a lifespan ...but with only a fraction being water, you're talking 5 to 10 years easy.

if it's much more annoying to keep it all copper ...then it's no big deal to run a high inhibitor or even anti-freeze setup and be safe. A poorly setup mixed metal system can suffer catastrophic failure in months and it can happen suddenly if leaks open up over components. Single metal systems are much more forgiving of poor inhibitor function.

Back