Buying a 32" LCD TV

Chomp

Gawd
LCD HDTV Questions
I plan on getting a 32" LCD HDTV tomorrow. I've been looking at them for the past few months and I've narrowed it down to either the Samsung LNR328W
or the Sharp LC-32DA5U

My friend works at Best Buy and I can get the Samsung for $1800 after tax (CA) and a 4 year warranty... the list price is $1800 for 'normal' consumers.

The Sharp isn't available at best buy, but I can get it a circuit city for about $2200 after tax and a 3 year warranty.

Should I get the warranty with the TV? Both have 1 year mftr. warranties, but to be honest I've never had anything go wrong with any TV I've had. However.. I've never had an LCD TV either...

It seems like these two TV's are the best for this size (32") and price range (~$1800) and have pretty much the same features. I checked them out in store and the sharp has a little bit better quality, but not $400 better IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have never seen that sharp, but when I worked at CC three years ago we carried the first model line of the Sharp Aquos displays. They pretty much looked like crap back then, but I imagine they have since improved...

Go to both places, check to make sure the settings are similar, and go with what looks best to you.

Umm If I were you I would take a good look at Sony's 42" 3 lcd projection set since it's only 1999 and it has all the tuners you need built into it. I just recently got the 55" and coudln't be happier with the unit.

part number is KDFE42-A10

I'm looking for nothing bigger than a 32". It's going in my bedroom which currently has a 24" 4:3 tube.

For the living room, I'd definitely go with either a plasma or projection LCD.

So what do you think about the warranty?

Sony's? Never paid attention to thiers, I bought mine from a local store called Sonly Only and they backed it with a 3yr parts and labor.

Back