Building a cube?

Zari

n00b
Basically, I want to build myself an aluminum cube case, light and spacious, because paying $300+ for a prebuilt one just doesn't appeal.

Motivation - My current huge tower case sucks a butt. It's more of a couple of loosley riveted parralellograms - My mobo sits crooked, the AGP/PCI cards don't line up with the screwholes in the back of the case, the airflow is shitty even with fans and demel'd out intake/output vents.

Bad part - I have about as much experience at building anything out of metal as my cats, and I have the CAD skills of your average valley girl, and my mother is better at designing anything than me :/

On that note, I *do* have access to a CNC machine that handles 4' by 4' by 1' chunks 'o' metal for any designs I want into teh side panels, and I'm sure I could learn CAD reasonably quickly.

What I'm really asking is advice on building cases, particularly from anyone who has built either an aluminum case, cube case, or both, and especially anyone willing to share their designs with me :)

are you looking into something like this?

18" aluminum cube
alucube1.JPG

alucube3.JPG

I'm trying to sell my 90% finished cube, lots of interest but no takers...anyways, if you've got any questions, I'd be glad to give you some advise...although I can't guarantee that it will be good advice

Thats almost exactly what I was trying (and failing :p) to design for myself ^_^ PM inc :)

Back