BTBAM1 IS a troll help me

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=8972&expand[0]=318201&expand[1]=318494
Troll Hunters has posted on his heat account

Negative TrollHunters (12) Cross-trade 04-22-2005
Forum: AnandTech BBS
Description:
*****WARNING***** DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS PERSON. Robert Estuar, aka BTBAM) on Anandtech has had several paypal CC transactions reversed due to fraudulant CC funds.
Comments:
Replacement funds were said to have been sent and have not been received. Communication has been very very sparse. Until such time as this entire mess is cleaned up you are WARNED to stay clear of this trader.

He hasnt been online 4/11/05

justin8018, when was the last time you had contact with him? When he said he sent stuff, did he give you any tracking info or proof?

As far as helping you, there's not really a lot we can do. You trade here at your own risk. We don't mediate disputes and we can't get your money back for you. If he has closed the door on communication with you or basically told you to "f" off, I will ban him as a Bad Trader, but before it comes to that, I'd like some more detail about what has gone on so far.

he emailed me liek 3 weeks ago saying stuff was sent, dont worry about it, and it didnt come for a second time, no tracking # of course, and thats about it, what can i do, is ther a way i can get his phone number or something, or his address?

justin8018 said:
he emailed me liek 3 weeks ago saying stuff was sent, dont worry about it, and it didnt come for a second time, no tracking # of course, and thats about it, what can i do, is ther a way i can get his phone number or something, or his address?
Let me get this straight... you sent him $295 up front without so much as getting his phone number/address and confirming them first?

There are a lot of good tips about avoiding trolls in our FS/T Rules thread but it sounds like you never read them. That or you got the "deer in the headlights" glaze in your eyes thinking it was such a great deal.

No offense, because no one deserves to be ripped off, but it sounds to me like you walked right into this one by not taking reasonable precautions on your end. I wish you the best of luck in trying to get a resolution, I will go ahead and ban him as a Bad Trader here.

This is just a reminder that there will be no public troll hunting on this forum. Threat comments will be deleted.

I KNEW I recognized the name.
He's very near my place, I was going to buy a machine off him a few months ago.
His MSN is [email protected]

LMK if I can do anything, I've not talked to him in a long time, even then we only spoke 3 or 4 times.

Edit: He's online right now.

i bought a watercooling kit off him for 110$ and it never got shipped......

i am a victum too. :(
-po0ns

Phonic said:
I KNEW I recognized the name.
He's very near my place......

can you stop and ask him about these trades? In a non-threatening way, of course. Sometimes just having someone come to the door and ask about these problems, even in a non aggressive way, is enough to shatter the illusion that he can remain anyomous forever. :eek:

topcat989 said:
can you stop and ask him about these trades? In a non-threatening way, of course. Sometimes just having someone come to the door and ask about these problems, even in a non aggressive way, is enough to shatter the illusion that he can remain anyomous forever. :eek:

I agree with that. Ask him what's going on, if he fails to cooperate mention the people who have been trolled will contact local authorities.

Back