150gb WD SATA HD x 2
HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card

New
EVGA 790i SLI FTW mobo
CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB DDR3 (PC3 12800) memory
Intel Core2 Quad Q9400
ZALMAN VF1000 GPU cooler x 2
ZALMAN CNPS9500 CPU cooler

Okay, I put it all together with a RAID 0 setup and it booted up just fine and I proceeded to install Vista Professional 64 successfully. Install all drivers, no problem. Then, all of a sudden I get the BSOD: page_fault_in_non_paged_area. WTF?

I restart and open IE to see what that means. Hard drive problems? BAM! BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. WTF?! Again, I restart, no problems. Open up IE. WHAM! BSOD: Memory management. OMGWTFBBQ! Memory issues?

On my laptop I burn a memory testing program, not sure which as I never needed to use one before. Restart and it runs through an hour of testing without finding an issue. I start windows again and within 3 mins, POW! BSOD: page_fault_in_non_paged_area but with "NTFS.sys" listed too.

Tired of this I atempt to reinstall Vista 64. I get to "Expanding files" about 45% and KA-BOOM! BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The following is the technical info:
STOP: 0xA (0xFFFFFA8806EF3E90, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000A4BA102)

Is it the RAM? the Hard Drive? The mobo?!?!

The same thing happens when I only have one HD, CD rom, and video card in and nothing else in... STILL!!

anything you guys can offer will be paid back in spades!

It could be something as simple as a setting in the BIOS. The 790i Ultra boards are a little squirly in regard to memory compatibility and with settings in general. They do not always work with some memory modules at stock settings.

Have you tried running on one memory module? Testing each one individually? Go into the BIOS and make sure the automatic settings match the specs of the memory. If you have things on manual right now, switch to auto and see what happens.

Everything is on auto right now... I'm going to try installing one one HD at a time and with one stick of memory at a time

Everything is on auto right now... I'm going to try installing one one HD at a time and with one stick of memory at a time

If you find no problems with the memory modules, try a single memory module in every single memory slot. On one 680i SLI board the third memory slot was fried. I could get the system to run stable using the other slots, but using slots 2 and 4 I still couldn't get it to run dual channel. In the end it turned out the chipset was partially fried on it.

okay, I tried installing with only one HD conencted but with both memory sticks in and about 54% into expanding the files, I got a BSOD: page fault. I then tried the olther HD but then windows installer didn't even see the drive. So now I'm going to try one memory at a time.

well, so far so good... I have one mem stick in and windows installed like normal. I'm installing the updates and will start adding drivers soon. if all is good I will attempt to add the other mem stick. if I get the BSODs, then I know that's the problem and I will have to call up corsair

Back