Brothers in Arms: Hell's Hwy $14.99 Steam today only

Has anyone actually played this? Everyone's a little weary of more WW2 shooters... and I don't think I was ever a huge fan of the Brothers in Arms series....

Meh. I was kind of excited about the daily Ubisoft deal, but it hasn't really been cool for my tastes (nor my pocket, I guess). I'm not getting this one either :/
Still, 50% off is a nice cut.

I got this on black friday sale for $20 at ToysRus I think for the PS3 and played it a lot for 2 months.. - online play wasn't bad either..wouldn't say it is a WOW game..but decent

Wouldn't it be great if for the weekend deal they had a 75% on almost every Ubisoft game? lolz

For $10 I would get it. Take it from somebody who spent $50 for it on steam before it came out. This is the first BIA game I've played and will probably be the last. It's not an awful game, just average. I did like being able to control my squad by issuing them orders. It's certainly not your typically run and gun WW2 shooter. My biggest gripe with the game is the story. The story line and scripting is painful.

I think this is another pass for me. I can pick it up for under $10 next time I'm in the US if I really wanted to.

Too bad, so far I haven't spent any money on Ubisoft this week, and I thought I would be broke.

For $10 I would get it. Take it from somebody who spent $50 for it on steam before it came out. This is the first BIA game I've played and will probably be the last. It's not an awful game, just average. I did like being able to control my squad by issuing them orders. It's certainly not your typically run and gun WW2 shooter. My biggest gripe with the game is the story. The story line and scripting is painful.

same here. i bought it for $50 at release and found the game to be mediocre. i'd say it's about $10 worth of entertainment though.

I think they aren't really getting the whole "If I can buy it new for cheaper why should I buy it here?" aspect. Yeah sure its on steam and now you own it forever, but its not counter-strike. Youre gonna play it through once, maybe twice, and move on with life.

During the Christmas sale I blew 7$ on Far Cry because I never played it when it came out. Then I blew 7$ at Taco bell. Played game ate taco bell.

Ubisoft wants me to make that choice to play their game or eat Taco Bell. I think if this sells great this game is worth more than eating Taco Bell. If not then I think it'll be a lesson learned.

Now Assasins creed for example 9.99. You can still afford atleast a 7 layer burrito and a coke.

It's the price point they need to think about.

Wouldn't it be great if for the weekend deal they had a 75% on almost every Ubisoft game? lolz

Man I'd be really tempted to buy things if they did that. I'd buy HAWX for 75% off without a question. I'd buy Endwar for 200% off (as in they pay me to get it).

I think they aren't really getting the whole "If I can buy it new for cheaper why should I buy it here?" aspect. Yeah sure its on steam and now you own it forever, but its not counter-strike. Youre gonna play it through once, maybe twice, and move on with life.

During the Christmas sale I blew 7$ on Far Cry because I never played it when it came out. Then I blew 7$ at Taco bell. Played game ate taco bell.

Ubisoft wants me to make that choice to play their game or eat Taco Bell. I think if this sells great this game is worth more than eating Taco Bell. If not then I think it'll be a lesson learned.

Now Assasins creed for example 9.99. You can still afford atleast a 7 layer burrito and a coke.

It's the price point they need to think about.

I'd take a game over a Taco Bell. Of course I used to work at Taco Bell so my opinion is a tad skewered.

Yet a 3rd day of passing on Ubisoft, it took forever for wednesday deal to show, does this work on Pacific Standard Time for releases?

I did buy "The Path" for $8.99, hope its good!

If they just have a power pack of all ubisoft game for like 50 dollars. I would buy that

Thanks! Now I don't have to buy it from crappy Steam. Valve really screwed this guy over. Disabled all his games (his account) because of one questionable game which he thought was legit.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=363722

Yeah I read that today as well. I can't say I'm 100% surprised though, they state pretty simply that you are not supposed to charge someone to gift it to them. I just wonder how that guy was getting CoD:WaW for less than $30 to be able to gift it to someone... unless he was using a fake/stolen credit card.

It's a little disturbing though, that all those purchases we have made on our Steam account, especially titles other than Valve's games, can all be taken away so easily.

Yeah I read that today as well. I can't say I'm 100% surprised though, they state pretty simply that you are not supposed to charge someone to gift it to them. I just wonder how that guy was getting CoD:WaW for less than $30 to be able to gift it to someone... unless he was using a fake/stolen credit card.

It's a little disturbing though, that all those purchases we have made on our Steam account, especially titles other than Valve's games, can all be taken away so easily.

Have you ever read the Steam licence agreement? Scary stuff.
link

I'd love to see a $5 Beyond Good and Evil. I'm guessing it will either be Far Cry or Far Cry 2.

Last two deals were meh, since the store prices are near the sale price. I would have tried out Prince of Persia for $10-15.

R6V2 is also $7.99 FS @ Egg... Didn't think it deserved its own thread...

(Can't wait to see the next post...)

Back