Brass Y-Splitters?

I'm looking for some 1/2" Y's for my system, but all I can find is polypropelene. Can someone point me to some brass ones?

The only place I know off hand for sure is http://www.coolercases.co.uk/wc_fittings.htm

Its a UK site, so I don't know how cost friendly it will be to get Paul at coolercases to send you some. You should send Paul and email ([email protected]) and see where he got those and whether he knows somewhere in the US to get some.

Now that I think about it, you should try McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) for hose fittings. I'm pretty sure they have nickel plated and stainless steel 'Wye' fittings which is what you need. Not so sure about brass through...

Anyways, Good luck searching!

-OMP

dualblade said:
does it have to be a y as opposed to a T?

A T-fitting is naturally restrictive and doens't do the best job when splitting flow. A Y-fitting works better in most cases where flowrate is important.

Yes it must be a Y. I have T's in there now and the engles are so harsh that not only does it restrict flow, it kinks the tubing. McMaster has ZERO metal wyes of any kind, I've looked there. Thanks for the UK site, anybody got any in America?

I found a 3/8'' stainless steel Wye on page 117 of the McMaster catalog. That and 3 various plactic types are on earlier pages too, but thats the only metal one I could find quickly.

Right I've seen the 3/8" ones. I need 1/2", and they don't have metal ones. Anybody? SOMEONE has to have these, they aren't that rare.

Back